DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    06 Silverado 2500 Vibration
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

06 Silverado 2500 Vibration
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
Being the drive shaft helped it may still be out of balance. I have seen these work.
Balance Masters..the same people that make the toterhome wheel balance adapters.

They make some just for driveshafts.
https://balancemasters.company...iveshafts-c126873596

$125 or so depending on the diameter of the shaft.

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
quote:
Originally posted by BP758:
Top 38, did you find it?

Not yet, between weather and time I haven't had a chance to look further.

I get that! Soggy out here…

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4491 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
FWIW I would pull the rotors and look at the parking brake as others said. I have seen some build up rust in there and the lining come off of the shoes.

Posts: 1458 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Update:
Checked the E brake pads and backing plates. The plates had some rot on the very lower areas but they were OK by the pins that hold the E brake pads on. The pads were rubbing the rotors but only in spots, not the full diameter of the rotor and the pad lining was get loose in spots, likely the original pads. We decided to remove the pad linings on all pads and try that since they were already 1/2 off. I was hopeful they this would cure the issue but once I got on the highway going 60 to 70 it was still there. I also found out that the front driveshaft does not spin when in 2 wheel drive so it's not that either. So it basically leaves the new drive shaft, which looks good when we started the truck on the lift and took it up to about 50 MPH, and the rear end. The vibration is without a doubt worse in the coast no load condition, accel, de-accel and cruising (light load) all have the same vibration. So still looking...

Posts: 2149 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
What about the tail stock bushing? Looked at that?

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
What about the tail stock bushing? Looked at that?

I assume you mean the bushing that the DS yoke is supported by,,, yes and no, when I installed the ne DS, the yoke slid out an back in normally, it did not feel loose. I also pushed and pulled on the DS after it was installed to get a feel of the busking's condition, felt fine to me.

Posts: 2149 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
comon genius knows everything top dragster driver!! its obviously in the differential

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Update:
Checked the E brake pads and backing plates. The plates had some rot on the very lower areas but they were OK by the pins that hold the E brake pads on. The pads were rubbing the rotors but only in spots, not the full diameter of the rotor and the pad lining was get loose in spots, likely the original pads. We decided to remove the pad linings on all pads and try that since they were already 1/2 off. I was hopeful they this would cure the issue but once I got on the highway going 60 to 70 it was still there. I also found out that the front driveshaft does not spin when in 2 wheel drive so it's not that either. So it basically leaves the new drive shaft, which looks good when we started the truck on the lift and took it up to about 50 MPH, and the rear end. The vibration is without a doubt worse in the coast no load condition, accel, de-accel and cruising (light load) all have the same vibration. So still looking...

Well, take the shaft back for another look, or have a different shop spin it. Anything can happen. Re-check the wheel balance, it takes a good machine to balance LT tires.
I'd also play with some weights on that shaft, just to see if you can make a change.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1647 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
comon genius knows everything top dragster driver!! its obviously in the differential

Mikey

Long time since reading your kind and informative posts! Big Grin

Haven't ruled that out but I did drain the fluid and it was clean. No metal on the magnetic drain plug so didn't bother taking of the cover. This will the last thing we do.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
quote:
Update:

Well, take the shaft back for another look, or have a different shop spin it. Anything can happen. Re-check the wheel balance, it takes a good machine to balance LT tires.
I'd also play with some weights on that shaft, just to see if you can make a change.

Goob

Talked to the guy that made the DS, he wants to drive the truck first. Going to double check the tire balance also, may even tire another set of tires and wheels.