DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Anyone use Sonnex or M&M T400 rear band adjuster ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone use Sonnex or M&M T400 rear band adjuster ?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Hi all ,
as per subject . Has anyone used either the Sonnex or M&M T400 rear band adjuster units ? Seems like there can be issues with getting this adjustment correct leading to forward lurching when apllying transbrake .
A mmate is having this issue and its costing him rounds , Im smarter I run a TF727 Roll Eyes . It would seem you can fit these while trans is in car . M&M certainly looks to have simplified adjusment .
Any thoughts would be appreciated

Tex

Posts: 62 | Location: Oz | Registered: March 16, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
My TH-400 engages with absolutely no movement in any way shape or form, for over 4000 runs.

IIRC, my builder was always more about the clutch pack clearances, and total gear train end play being critical to that.
I think low pump pressure can contribute as well.

But I don't really know.... Confused

The 727 is cool, until it isn't.....do you have one of the A & A drums?

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1645 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Goob ,
yes I am aware clearances are an issue if too loose . Trans was built by a known decent shop . Seems to have become more prevalent over the last 9 months or so .
Yes I have the billet drum in my 727 though I am back to footbrake racing since start of the year and getting the results I need .

Tex

Posts: 62 | Location: Oz | Registered: March 16, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
My TH400 wanted to move very slightly at times, but I use a 1+2 and leave in 2nd gear. My fix was to activate the Line Lock with the trans brake on the starting line. Works perfect.My trans is all ATD.

Posts: 2456 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Markemark,
he used to do that and then had issues line lock holding on , so is holding footbrake . Man the car is currently a headache .

Tex