DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    power bleeders/one man bleeders
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

power bleeders/one man bleeders
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Thanks Billy I will

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
Coke bottle and hose done no need for snap on or harbor freight ....

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
no need for the bottle and hosed either.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JakeW143:
What model Motive are you using on the Wilwood master? Referring to a Wilwood #6765. Their website said to call referencing that part number but I can't get a hold of anyone there..

Check the dimensions on the description. I think this one will work.

https://www.motiveproducts.com...rly-american-adapter

The Motive system works really well.

Jason G.

'71 Chevelle
3370 lbs w/ SBC
5.93 @ 116.7 MPH - N/A

Posts: 345 | Location: North Texas | Registered: January 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRacerSBC:
quote:
Originally posted by JakeW143:
What model Motive are you using on the Wilwood master? Referring to a Wilwood #6765. Their website said to call referencing that part number but I can't get a hold of anyone there..

Check the dimensions on the description. I think this one will work.

https://www.motiveproducts.com...rly-american-adapter

The Motive system works really well.

Jason G.
I use that adaptor on my dragster and I have the same masters. You just have to be carefull you set it right and clamp it down tight.It works great.

Posts: 61 | Location: Long Island | Registered: February 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
no, a screw on cap

I have a Motive and the same master. They make a few different adapters but the one I have is a rubber cone that fits over the hole in the Tilton master. Google "Motive 1101".

Billy no leaks with the 1101 adaptor? The chains around the plastic tank to achieve a tight seal concerns me.

The 1100 adapter looks like the Tilton cap but Tilton wasn't able to confirm that their cap is 45mm. Think I'll just make an adapter by using my spare Tilton MC cap.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just make sure you check with air pressure first before adding fluid. Otherwise brake fluid everywhere.

I have had to get the chains pretty tight in order to prevent leaks. I usually wrap the chains in painters tap to prevent scaring up my black Wilwood master cylinder. Once sealed its a piece of cake though.

The screw on adapters are definitely much easier.

Jason G.

'71 Chevelle
3370 lbs w/ SBC
5.93 @ 116.7 MPH - N/A

Posts: 345 | Location: North Texas | Registered: January 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
yea, I just don't see the chains getting the universal cap tight enough and without damaging a plastic tank.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bad Nusz
posted Hide Post
Have you by chance tried the "Speed Bleeders"? Some people like them, some not so much.

For those who don't know, they are brake bleeder screws with tiny check valves inside them. You crack the bleeder screw loose and start pumping the brake pedal.

Posts: 343 | Location: Sioux Falls, SD | Registered: March 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
a gimmick that hit the market probably 35 years ago

DRR Trophy
Picture of Cmichael
posted Hide Post
I don't use the chains and j bolts. I use a 6 inch c-clamp on the universal adapters. It might work on a plastic reservoir as it only has to seal 15-20 psi.

Wettstien Auto and Welding
Autometer

Posts: 155 | Location: Iola,KS | Registered: October 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Follow up on Motive Products Power Bleeders...

Part # 715-0112 is the power bleeder with the Tilton MC adapter.

Part #715-1103 is the Chrysler/Dodge/Mopar adapter for the plastic black reservoir with 2 round caps.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Just used the Motive Power Bleeder filled with DOT5 fluid, using the adapter cap above on the Tilton Master cylinder in the dragster and it worked great, quick and easy and the best part is the pedal is the “firmest it’s ever been”.

Highly recommend this American made product.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Not to stir the pot but I’ve always done what Green and 68 are doing.
Bottle 1/4 full , hose to the bottom , pump slowly till the air is gone. Lock it down and good to go. Just did this last week on my boat trailer with new surge and loaded backing plates. It works.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4503 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
As I’ve already stated, the hose in a bottle of fluid does nothing and is a waste of time.

The old school, pump, pump, pump, dump that I’ve been doing for 43 years works very well but after using the Motive Power Bleeder it is apparent old school does not get ALL the air out.

That said, just flush your brake system every off season.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
One of the things on my list to get done before the season starts here. On brake bleeders, at work we have a BG brake flush unit. The cap adapters fit in place of the cap, then screw down to tighten. I've had as much as 30 psi into the reservoir on the machine to help push fluid and no leaks. No chains or clamps on stuff like that. Works really well....Won't fit my car though....I need one for the rectangular Tilton master...

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1468 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I pressurized to 20psi yesterday.

If Motive does not sell an adapter for your master cylinder, easy enough to make one.

DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
I've had one of those motive bleeders for a couple of years now.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I am like the original poster. By myself. I have a helper but she is not great help in the shop, so I am....well...by myself in the shop (not that it's a bad thing). I made my own bleeder system out of a 1 gal garden sprayer with the tip cut off of the spray nozzle, so it's just a tube. Then I used a motive adapter, some brake fluid and a piece of hose. Pump it up about 10-15 psi, then lock the valve open, loosen bleeder, tighten bleeder, repeat for the other bleeder(s). With the car on the lift and wheels off it takes maybe 5 minutes tops do do a door car. Oh one mod I made was to use the ol lady's hot glue gun to glue the sprayer tank to a piece of wood so it don't tip over all the time. Works great.

Just a diy solution for you guys who might have sprayer laying around that is not being used. The Motive adapters aren't real expensive.

Posts: 540 | Location: central Ar | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post