DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    power bleeders/one man bleeders
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

power bleeders/one man bleeders
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of sammy christian
posted Hide Post
harbor freight version does just as good for about $35

6.41@221 (so far)
4.11@178
off the shelf/built it myself

Posts: 82 | Location: Amherst, Ny | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
from the makers of Covid-19. NO FUCING thanks!!

That chain and Walmart should be put out of business by AMERICANS that care about their life, their jobs, their future and the future of the kids, grand kids and future generations!!!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
That chain and Walmart should be put out of business by AMERICANS that care about their life, their jobs, their future and the future of the kids, grand kids and future generations!!!

While that's admirable, you can't change the stripes on a zebra nor can you change human nature. Price vs quality vs usage will always be factors. Politicians make the laws that govern trade, more specifically fair international trade, so until American politicians want to put America first, wishful thinking isn't going to have much of an impact on the problem. Treat the cause not the symptom.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
don't leave it to the politicians, take matters into your own hands. Some how I have survived all these years without buying junk from either.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Cmichael
posted Hide Post
Motive products are made in the USA.

Wettstien Auto and Welding
Autometer

Posts: 155 | Location: Iola,KS | Registered: October 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
don't leave it to the politicians, take matters into your own hands.Some how I have survived all these years without buying junk from either.

Yes, but neither have you changed the course things. Otherwise we wouldn't be where we are. So take a bow on your personal habits but know that it's had no impact on the state of our nation. Until the laws that affect profitability are changed the jobs will continue to be outsourced.

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
say you who takes no personal responsibility and spends his $ at these very stores.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Pump pedal up then hold it in place with length of 2x4 between pedal and seat, then if power seat I run seat forward a little for extra push on pedal then open bleeders. That’s how I do them by myself.
I have done the bottle with hose submerged in bottle of fluid before too and it works just takes a little longer and make sure you keep tabs on the master cylinder fluid level or you will pump it dry and be starting all over again.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
pushing the fluid into a hose in a bottle with fluid in it does nothing, it's a waste of time.

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I just thought of something....I need to find my quart jar adapter for my mityvac....I can make a pressure bleeder with that, take about 15-20 min to whip it together......

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
For pressure bleeding, I could not find a cap that would fit my master cyl., so I bought a spare cap & with some fittings from McMaster I made my own. Should have done this years ago, my wife read a novel pumping the brakes.

Posts: 28 | Location: NJ, USA | Registered: September 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
say you who takes no personal responsibility...

And what you do has no impact on the very thing you purport to want to change. It's a personal crusade that gives you a sense of moral higher ground, but again, it has no impact on the problem. A hollow victory if I ever saw one. Until you address the underling cause you're pizzing into the wind. So carry your banner high and know you support a noble cause.... ineffective as it may be.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
pushing the fluid into a hose in a bottle with fluid in it does nothing, it's a waste of time.

Says somebody that never tried it.
Might not get all the air out but works great when changing a caliper. Pushes air out then pulls fluid back in.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wrong tried it more than once since I first learned how to bleed brakes 42 years ago. It's a total waste of time and more important does not yield a better bleed system or better brake pedal.

Meanwhile I just installed 2 calipers this past Saturday and bleed them both in 10 minutes the old school way. Pump and dump aka crack the bleed screw open and allow it to piss out into a waiting drain pan below.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If it's a race car, I always gravity bleed first. Wether new or old. If old, it's good to get the old brake fluid out. Especially easy now since we have no where to race and use the pump the pedal and crack the bleeder afterwards as long you stay six feet apart. Lol

Yes, I'm bored.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M120:
If it's a race car, I always gravity bleed first. Wether new or old. If old, it's good to get the old brake fluid out. Especially easy now since we have no where to race and use the pump the pedal and crack the bleeder afterwards as long you stay six feet apart. Lol

Yes, I'm bored.

Can't gravity bleed....it's a dragster.. Master cylinder is below the calipers. I'm just gonna make either a pressure bleeder with some of my mityvac adapters or use my vacuum pump....I have both the hand held and the air powered ones so that won't be an issue...just hadn't used them in a while and forgot I had them....

Mark Goulette

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by M120:

I figured a drag racer would have a jack.
Sorry to asume you had a jack, my apologies.
Good luck!
Yes, I'm bored.

Can't gravity bleed....it's a dragster.. Master cylinder is below the calipers. I'm just gonna make either a pressure bleeder with some of my mityvac adapters or use my vacuum pump....I have both the hand held and the air powered ones so that won't be an issue...just hadn't used them in a while and forgot I had them....[/QUOTE

! figured a drag racer would have a jack. Sorry to asume you had a jack, my apologies. Good luck!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: M120,

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M120:
! figured a drag racer would have a jack. Sorry to asume you had a jack, my apologies. Good luck!

I do have a jack dumbass.....several actually. Car is on stands right now and it doesn't make sense to take it off the stands, raise the front of the car approx 4' just to bleed the brakes...and the other issues that comes with that is how the brake line is routed from the master, it would leave an air pocket in it in front of the line lock...

Before you make stupid statements maybe you should inquire as to why I need to do it the way I do....

Mark Goulette

DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
no, a screw on cap

I have a Motive and the same master. They make a few different adapters but the one I have is a rubber cone that fits over the hole in the Tilton master. Google "Motive 1101".

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 630 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
What model Motive are you using on the Wilwood master? Referring to a Wilwood #6765. Their website said to call referencing that part number but I can't get a hold of anyone there..

Posts: 27 | Location: Pen Argyl, PA | Registered: March 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post