New
Find
Notify
Tools

PayPal
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
With PayPal, you can tell it the money is for friends or family and there won’t be any fees, nor will it get reported to the IRS. However, you lose any purchase protection when doing that.

It looks like Zelle isn’t going to report to the IRS, at least for now. Source: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna11260

Posts: 718 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
PayPal sucks. A thief (buyer) claimed he never received the shipment. UPS had the signed delivery receipt but PayPal refused to acknowledge. PayPal had reversed the credit to my bank and I ate a $1200 sale. Never again will I use a money transfer service. If you don't have cash, bank money order or Western Union check I will not do business with you. Remember, CASH IS KING.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TonyB6255:

I sold a crankshaft earlier this year using Zelle and it was very easy and set up through my bank

I just read that using Zelle offers no protection. They recommend you know who you are sending money to. And you cannot link a CC to it. So no protection from scams. Venmo does allow you to link a CC to it, but they add a 3% charge if you use it.
I use Paypal currently but even though it is linked to my bank I use a CC to pay for everything, and the money I receive stays in Paypal until I use it.

Ihave also used Walmart cash transfer and it works pretty well other than I have to go there to send/receive money.

I've been looking to find a good app.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Been burned twice the last few months on paypal transactions. Never again. First was $125 the second was for $1000. World is full of scumbags and I am done, unless I personally know who I am dealing with.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 990 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Got burned 5 years ago for $1200.00 by PayPal. Buyer was a lying scum bag claimed the rear end housing never delivered. Even with signed UPS verifying delivery Pay Pal would not honor. Unless your paying with cash, bank money order or Western Union money order I will not do business with you.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
A lot know this and a lot don't on the EQUIFAX Breach. I was notified yesterday. CYA Discovered in 2017 AND YOUR TELLING ME NOW?????

https://eligibility.equifaxbre...t.com/en/Eligibility

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post