DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    RV rubber roof coating
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RV rubber roof coating
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted
going to recoat my MH roof, lot of guys suggest Henrys trop-cool silicone coating, i think its a epdm rubber roof on a 2000 coachman. any thoughts?

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I can't speak as to it's use for your Coachmen's rubber roof, but I just put some on the aluminum roof of my Lance truck camper, and I can't sing its praises enough.

Unbelievable the difference it made as far as heat absorption. I replaced a vent at the same time, and covered the rest of the roof, but not around the vent I replaced. Went back up the next morning and the entire roof was cool to the touch. That is, until I accidentally set my hand down on the bare aluminum spot that was still exposed from the vent replacement, and it nearly burned my hand. It had to be a 50+ degree difference between the two areas less than a foot apart.

Will probably now be doing the aluminum roofs of our race trailers.

If compatible with your rubber roof, I highly recommend!

Posts: 176 | Location: Byron, GA | Registered: January 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Fast Frank, Although we used Hengs roof coat (do a search on it) its probably close to the same type stuff. We did our 40 foot pisher in June of 2019. Just went out and looked at it and still looks great. What we did. We took off air conditioning covers, refridgerator roof vent cover and checked all the places that had calk type sealant. Then we washed the roof 3 times and we were really down to where we saw alot of the black rubber type looking material. 2 days later we started in the morning rinsing the roof off first and took it for a ride to let the wind do what it does. parked it and just damp towel it. Started about 11:00am and had 3 coats on by 6 pm letting the coats dry before appling the next. 2 people my wife and I.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I have used LANCO brand Urethanizer white coating on my RV EPDM roof for five years. Great product, about $45 a gallon, my 36' long RV uses a little over a gallon but I always have a spare and it stores well if the lid is tight. Easy to clean off and very minimal streaking. Really reduces the heat in the RV and load on the A/C in South Florida climate (HOT)

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Toad1:
I have used LANCO brand Urethanizer white coating on my RV EPDM roof for five years. Great product, about $45 a gallon, my 36' long RV uses a little over a gallon but I always have a spare and it stores well if the lid is tight. Easy to clean off and very minimal streaking. Really reduces the heat in the RV and load on the A/C in South Florida climate (HOT)
where do you get it? what kind of prep?

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted Hide Post
thanks