Find
Notify
Tools

gearing choices
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
edna just can not resist making a comment. the fact it rarely contains anything and if anything just gives reason to post something knowing it will upset him.

Hey edna betting you can not resist replying.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4207 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
So now edna you can reply meaning I win and you proved my point. You can not reply thinking I will stop,which will have me posting more temptations. Then you can not reply to any which is a win.

Posts: 4207 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I forgot to mention that last week I was at Island Dragway all day with friends watching the racing

Island is the last drag strip left in NJ

It's a small place and now runs 1/8th mile but still has some pretty good cars running there

Last years Super ET track champ is a FED.....fairly new car with a stack injected BB Chev. Pretty cool car and very different than the run of the mill RED......Unpainted and looks good....runs 4.80's

I watched him make a couple hits and he had zero issues going right down Broadway.....but did lose early.....chit happens...

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
I forgot to mention that last week I was at Island Dragway all day with friends watching the racing

Island is the last drag strip left in NJ

It's a small place and now runs 1/8th mile but still has some pretty good cars running there

Last years Super ET track champ is a FED.....fairly new car with a stack injected BB Chev. Pretty cool car and very different than the run of the mill RED......Unpainted and looks good....runs 4.80's

I watched him make a couple hits and he had zero issues going right down Broadway.....but did lose early.....chit happens...

I can tell you this it is a total blast to drive a FED. But it is more challenging to make it work right and none are the same. I think it is harder to drive a FED and may not be best tool for the job. But they are fun and that is why we race right? Mine ran 4.9x with 23* head SBC and it was not a very light car. I built it with full radiator, body, transmission coolers, big battery, alternator etc so I could bracket race it and hot lap it if needed.

As for Frank Parks he may know his stuff but his cars are nothing like ours. They are super light, high revving cars that run on National event prepped tracks. Very little relevance to our needs.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4042 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Agree Frank's car runs totally different situation. His reasoning was the wheel speed
A lot of his cars are run in similar trim and class racers. A ton of his stuff at nostalgia races. NE!.NE2, TA/D.NTF and a few weekend warrior guys. Hard pressed to find a more knowledgeable FED guy. Ad in a lot of my car is built off pics of his stuff and his advice.

!.69 low may not work out but got to start somewhere. I have back transmission I picked up for good price that nas a 1.80 low, which I plan to change if the 1.69 works out.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
If you have a spare transmission with 1.80 and one with 1.69 you should certainly try it before you change out gear sets. May work better? Will not know until you try.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4042 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post