DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    If I want to begin a new project -----------------
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If I want to begin a new project -----------------
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Alguire's Mopar is absolutely Bad to the Bone and Im soooo not a Mopar guy. Nicely done sir!!!

Posts: 58 | Location: st louis mo | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I am a Chevy guy through and through but I like seeing Mopars and even saw some cool old AMC cars. Sure nice to see something different than the generic race cars. Lots of guys are running same style dragster and many have similar motors and paint schemes. Love my 67 Camaro but there is a few of them out there already.....

Back to the original topic here If you want to build a Canyon as far as I am concerned it is same as S-10 and many like them. So if you want to build it go for it.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BG7X77:
Just flat out awesome. Absolutely love the SS Hemi Darts. Barracuda's, Belvedere etc......

Love the real muscle cars.
Al, show them the new car!
Buddy Chuck Rayburn has had SS/AH Barracuda and SS/BA Belvedere record holders. In AA/SA he has been 9.47. Mark Madison has gone 9.41 in Aa/SA!! That’s haulin Azz!
No cookie cutters here!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
About the GMC Canyon, Chevy Colorado package. These are the things I have learned lately.

It is a completely different piece from the S-10. The front suspension structure is built into the front subframe, like a 3rd gen Camaro. It has a rack and pinion steering. The wheelbase is 3" longer than the S-10 [short bed, small cab version]. That extra 3" is in the cab, as leg and seating room. It is slightly heavier than an S-10. It also has other differences. So far, I do not think it is the best choice to build as a back half style package.

I think the body would be good and look good as a full chassis build, but beyond what I like to do and have the facility to do. [I no longer have a roomy shop]

More though is required. Looking forward, I will most likely begin another project once the Lamplighter is sorted out and competitive.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1832 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Little Chief
posted Hide Post
Larry, I am keeping my eyes on the Cutlass just down the street. L/SA.

Posts: 230 | Location: Kilgore Texas | Registered: July 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of W.A.O. 111
posted Hide Post
I chose a fc chassis bantam body car ... its sitting here waiting in line ... if you like trucks , a old ps truck would be cool

photo wao-painting-logo-1_zpse0a5ba9f.jpg

Posts: 338 | Location: chiefland fl. | Registered: March 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
Little Chief, are talking about Philpots car ? I miss mine sometimes. Mine went to Michigan, after it’s time in Texas.

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Little Chief
posted Hide Post
No Sir, there is a complete 1984 Cutlass in our community that has been sitting for a while now. I need to save it before the owner turns it into a dirt tracker. I have always wanted to compete in stock eliminator at a divisional or national event. Growing up in East Texas my father ran stock for many years and I just love stockers.

Posts: 230 | Location: Kilgore Texas | Registered: July 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bad Nusz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Woodfin:
About the GMC Canyon, Chevy Colorado package. These are the things I have learned lately.

It is a completely different piece from the S-10. The front suspension structure is built into the front subframe, like a 3rd gen Camaro. It has a rack and pinion steering. The wheelbase is 3" longer than the S-10 [short bed, small cab version]. That extra 3" is in the cab, as leg and seating room. It is slightly heavier than an S-10. It also has other differences. So far, I do not think it is the best choice to build as a back half style package.

More interior room than an S10, to better install a full roll cage?

Posts: 338 | Location: Sioux Falls, SD | Registered: March 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post