DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Buffing/polishing lexan windows?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffing/polishing lexan windows?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richie
posted
Has anyone personally tried low speed buffing Lexan windows to remove cloudiness? if so.. What did you use as polish? Meguiars PlastX took some out...T.I.A. This is for COATED Lexan...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Richie,

Posts: 255 | Location: Windsor locks Ct. | Registered: November 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Yes have used a yellow wool buffing pad and 3m finish polish then a foam pad and a polish similar to the meguires have even sanded with 2-3 thousand wetordry and buffed out scraches-carefull newer coated lexan may reqire a test area

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 406 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I've used headlight lense polishing kits with pretty good success

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of ROLLIN'
posted Hide Post
I wasted 4 hours of my life trying to do a windshield. If you have the time and don't care that it will never look like new, go waste your time ? If not, cut a new one out from Lexan MarGuard and be done with it.

Posts: 23 | Location: .002 next to you | Registered: May 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post