Fire suit
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted
Anyone had one recertification

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1415 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I sent mine to Sparco in Calif last year, it was pretty painless, they sent me a RGA work order number, I shipped it and they had it for about a week and put new tags on and shipped it back.

I just looked and it was $75 and that included return fedex shipping charge

I was a bit nervous because I had replaced the zipper in the the jacket with a much better one but they never said a word about it

Make sure you wash or dry clean it first so they don't get a stinky suit Razz

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Big Steve,

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
thanks steve ,mine is grundgy and faded but appears in o shape .tried calling and they diddnt answer.will try again thanks.

1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1415 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I have an old Phoenix Racing Apparel suit that I've gotten done twice now. Was cheap, but getting a new suit this time around. Going back to a one piece over a two piece like I have. I just prefer that being in a digger....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1468 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I've had my Simpson -15 done twice. As mentioned above a couple of weeks and under $100.

Posts: 671 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
thanks guys ,lol mine is so grungy it may not pass

1.036, 6.16@ 224

DRR Sportsman
Picture of NEMO963
posted Hide Post
I have done my Simpson twice Rusty. Both times $75-100 and both times they replaced Velcro where it needed it and made repairs where needed…apparently for no extra charge. Been very happy, I would like a lighter suit but can’t justify the cost when Simpson has taken such good care of me.

2015 M&M T/D
Nemo
Duty-Pride-Tradition
FTM/PTB

Posts: 312 | Location: Firehouse 10 Wichita Ks | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
got a rma today to ship thanks guys

1.036, 6.16@ 224

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
When sending a -15 suit back for re-certification, can it go to any SFI approved vendor or does it need to go to the original manufacturer?

Posts: 5 | Location: W. Harrison, IN  | Registered: March 31, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Halverstadt:
When sending a -15 suit back for re-certification, can it go to any SFI approved vendor or does it need to go to the original manufacturer?

I don’t know if it’s prohibited by SFI, but I suspect manufacturers won’t recert a suit they didn’t make themselves.

Posts: 715 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post