DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Ballast comes in many forms, or Tim MC, I am not broke, just using what is on hand.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ballast comes in many forms, or Tim MC, I am not broke, just using what is on hand.
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Ballast to simulate the back glass and hood.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1835 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Hood ballast

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1835 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Larry,

That ballast may not pass tech! Spitting

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Rob, will duct tape help?

Larry Woodfin

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
clapping

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Woodfin:

Looks to me like that's a perfect job for some of those NHRA approved bungy cords from Harbor Freight

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I've used similar driver seat ballast when setting the rear sway bar in an initial neutral position.

quote:

Only if imprinted with certification date.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Canted, yes, have done the same.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Larry, only if the tape is pressure tested and tagged

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I don't know how much potting soil weighs but my factory glass and deck was 99lbs.

Posts: 1464 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Eman, those bags are 30 lbs each, so I am close.

It was a quick and dirty [no pun intended] experiment to see if I was close with ride weight.

Larry Woodfin