Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
EZ Plate
 Login/Join
 
DRR Sportsman
posted
Anybody have trouble getting a hold of EZ Plate Systems? Need to get a couple more plates to give my throttle pedal a break.
 
Posts: 1108 | Location: OklahomaCity,OK | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of CURTIS REED
posted Hide Post
Scott, I have seen threads on people having problems before but it usually gets resolved after not too long.

How much are you killing with yours? Since you are using one do you think I can kill .6-.62 without having issues? I have made my own plate system but have never ran it. I think I am going to have to slow down to go to the bracket finals.

Curtis



____________________________
2017 and 2018 Osage Casinos Tulsa Raceway Park No-Box Champion

2018 Div4 Goodguys Hammer award winner
 
Posts: 2882 | Location: KIEFER, OK. | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
He certainly gets backed-up at times, but his stuff works and pays contingency depending on the class you use it in. Smile
 
Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
I have been restrictor racing for 21 years. First with an over the counter Moroso under carb 4150 style stop which they do not sell any longer. I slowed from 9 teens to 10.0's Then I made a stop out of an aluminum carb spacer and slowed a 8.40 motor to 9.50's with a dominator and now I am a huge fan of the ET Genie http://www.etgenie.com/ it gives me infinite adjust-ability and not specific plates. I slow a low 8 second car to 8.80's with it.


Rob Robertson
 
Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of CURTIS REED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob7181:
I have been restrictor racing for 21 years. First with an over the counter Moroso under carb 4150 style stop which they do not sell any longer. I slowed from 9 teens to 10.0's Then I made a stop out of an aluminum carb spacer and slowed a 8.40 motor to 9.50's with a dominator and now I am a huge fan of the ET Genie http://www.etgenie.com/ it gives me infinite adjust-ability and not specific plates. I slow a low 8 second car to 8.80's with it.


Thanks for the info Rob. Makes me feel better about what I will have to do.



____________________________
2017 and 2018 Osage Casinos Tulsa Raceway Park No-Box Champion

2018 Div4 Goodguys Hammer award winner
 
Posts: 2882 | Location: KIEFER, OK. | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Curtis

My car goes 6.20's, 6.30's. I use them to run 7.0 and 10.50 1/4 index. They work great. I just have a gap in my plates after I sped my car up just a little over the winter. I've had to borrow plates a couple times to keep from holding more than I want to.

Scott
 
Posts: 1108 | Location: OklahomaCity,OK | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ron Gusack
posted Hide Post
I left a message with him a week ago and I have not heard back. I need a few more small plates too. By the way, no more contingency money paid for wins. He stopped paying January 2018.
 
Posts: 455 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ron Gusack:
I left a message with him a week ago and I have not heard back. I need a few more small plates too. By the way, no more contingency money paid for wins. He stopped paying January 2018.


That's a bummer. Well, my 4500 kit paid for itself with his contingency program, guess I got lucky!
 
Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
anybody got this guys cell phone number? anybody race with him that can tell him to check his phone messages?
 
Posts: 1108 | Location: OklahomaCity,OK | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ron Gusack
posted Hide Post
My throttle linkage is threaded so I adjust it to limit throttle opening and then use the plates I have. I just limit it the same amount every time and previous data works. I'm just lazy and would rather not have to adjust it 18 turns when I run 6.50 index. Maybe make yourself a throttle stop under the pedal or something similar and the hell with more plates.
 
Posts: 455 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ron Gusack:
My throttle linkage is threaded so I adjust it to limit throttle opening and then use the plates I have. I just limit it the same amount every time and previous data works. I'm just lazy and would rather not have to adjust it 18 turns when I run 6.50 index. Maybe make yourself a throttle stop under the pedal or something similar and the hell with more plates.


I run 2 classes. When I only ran 1, I did have the adjustable throttle rod.
 
Posts: 1108 | Location: OklahomaCity,OK | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of CURTIS REED
posted Hide Post
Scott, I ran my plate this weekend. Put in 1.031" hole size plate and shifted at 5600. I went from low 5.80s 2 weekends ago to 6.36-6.37 this weekend.

O2 looked pretty lean so I'm not going any smaller. Gonna add more weight and shift at 5200.

Curtis



____________________________
2017 and 2018 Osage Casinos Tulsa Raceway Park No-Box Champion

2018 Div4 Goodguys Hammer award winner
 
Posts: 2882 | Location: KIEFER, OK. | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CURTIS REED:
Scott, I ran my plate this weekend. Put in 1.031" hole size plate and shifted at 5600. I went from low 5.80s 2 weekends ago to 6.36-6.37 this weekend.

O2 looked pretty lean so I'm not going any smaller. Gonna add more weight and shift at 5200.

Curtis


Ennis is probably a few hundredths quicker than Oklahoma so account for that.
 
Posts: 1108 | Location: OklahomaCity,OK | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CURTIS REED:
Scott, I ran my plate this weekend. Put in 1.031" hole size plate and shifted at 5600. I went from low 5.80s 2 weekends ago to 6.36-6.37 this weekend.

O2 looked pretty lean so I'm not going any smaller. Gonna add more weight and shift at 5200.

Curtis


I run EFI. Doesn't matter what size plate I put in it, runs perfect. But....... go too small, for 10.90 Index, and it kills so much power off the line I can't hit the tree. Frown
 
Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Pro
Picture of CURTIS REED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Beck:
quote:
Originally posted by CURTIS REED:
Scott, I ran my plate this weekend. Put in 1.031" hole size plate and shifted at 5600. I went from low 5.80s 2 weekends ago to 6.36-6.37 this weekend.

O2 looked pretty lean so I'm not going any smaller. Gonna add more weight and shift at 5200.

Curtis


I run EFI. Doesn't matter what size plate I put in it, runs perfect. But....... go too small, for 10.90 Index, and it kills so much power off the line I can't hit the tree. Frown


That's cheatin Mike. LOL

For me it killed .05 in the 60', .52 in the 1/8 and 10mph but I'm really light so it's harder to kill e.t. I believe. Still have the torque but it knocks the wind out of it on the other end.



____________________________
2017 and 2018 Osage Casinos Tulsa Raceway Park No-Box Champion

2018 Div4 Goodguys Hammer award winner
 
Posts: 2882 | Location: KIEFER, OK. | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Curtis

What do you think your laser guy could make some plates for?
 
Posts: 1108 | Location: OklahomaCity,OK | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of CURTIS REED
posted Hide Post
I’m sure I could get some made for you but they are really busy so I never know timeframes. I’ll pm my number and you can text me about it.



____________________________
2017 and 2018 Osage Casinos Tulsa Raceway Park No-Box Champion

2018 Div4 Goodguys Hammer award winner
 
Posts: 2882 | Location: KIEFER, OK. | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of SST386
posted Hide Post
Look into the governor restrictor plate sold by all-star performance. It's a tapered restrictor, not as adjustable as others but can get close and fine tune with shift timing.
 
Posts: 361 | Location: KENTUCKY | Registered: May 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of CURTIS REED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SST386:
Look into the governor restrictor plate sold by all-star performance. It's a tapered restrictor, not as adjustable as others but can get close and fine tune with shift timing.


He already has the EZ plate just needs more plates and I made my own that is exactly like it.



____________________________
2017 and 2018 Osage Casinos Tulsa Raceway Park No-Box Champion

2018 Div4 Goodguys Hammer award winner
 
Posts: 2882 | Location: KIEFER, OK. | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of SST386
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CURTIS REED:
quote:
Originally posted by SST386:
Look into the governor restrictor plate sold by all-star performance. It's a tapered restrictor, not as adjustable as others but can get close and fine tune with shift timing.


He already has the EZ plate just needs more plates and I made my own that is exactly like it.




I understand, just throwing it out there as an option.
 
Posts: 361 | Location: KENTUCKY | Registered: May 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 


© DragRaceResults.com 2024