Notify
Tools

Sfi Ihra
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted
Transmission case in NHRA is 5 Years I think. Is it the same in IHRA

Posts: 185 | Location: Hagerstown | Registered: September 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
I don't think IHRA has a five year plan, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Mikey

Posts: 1708 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Steve, IHRA rulebook is on their site. I took a look, didn't see anything specific to it.

If you're coming up for the Sportsman Spectacular, the flyer looks like you're good, if that's what you were wondering.

All valid competition licenses and chassis certifications will be honored at the Summit Sportsman Spectacular events regardless of sanction. All drivers running 0-6.39 in the 1/8-mile must have an IHRA, NHRA or accepted competition license. A valid chassis certification is required for vehicles
running 6.00 or quicker. Chassis certifications and license renewals will be available on site.
Competitors obtaining an IHRA license for the first time are encouraged to complete the licensing process through the IHRA membership department prior to the event to ensure all documents are acceptable.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
With these being a car count and pre entry events they may do good to have them. Heard it takes 200 cars to run them and it isn’t looking good for the first one in these parts of the country.

Posts: 81 | Location: nc | Registered: February 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD6297
posted Hide Post
It is a SFI thing now *HRA thing I believe.

In the new printed book it is on pages 50-51. SFI 4.1 rigid shield 5 years, flexible 2 years... SFI 30.1 Flexplate shields, 5 years.

Posts: 149 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post
Ok. Thanks for the answers. My Reid case is only 3 years old. I was asking for someone else & it was specific to the IHRA sportsman spectacular races.

Posts: 185 | Location: Hagerstown | Registered: September 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD6297
posted Hide Post
It says anything quicker than 10.99 requires it

Posts: 149 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post