DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    hrbor frieght jacks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

hrbor frieght jacks
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Hvae to but new jack to start season with. Wouldn't be bad if can end season with same one. Hd craftsman and it total POS,

While harbor freight not first choice. If the are decent and would last year or two. Right now it would work. Looking t 3 ton Daytona.

Anyone has used or using one with opinion on actual quality of them. I know chink junk comments coming but not lot of options right now.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
I just bought a new Daytona 3 ton so don't know but the 2 ton HF I bought 10 years ago is still working. I just wanted a new one just incase.

Meziere Tech.
Make sure your water pump is on whenever you check your coolant level.

Posts: 239 | Location: Escondido | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of CAD
posted Hide Post
Ive had the low profile 3 ton daytona for 5 or 6 years. Zero issues. Lifts my Duramax with no issues.

Clark

Posts: 124 | Location: Omaha NE | Registered: October 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure everything except the Hein-Werner is chi-nah junk.
I'd look for a garage sale / marketplace vintage unit first.

Jeg's frequently has shop stuff like that at blowout prices, or they'll price match anything you can find on the interwebs.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1653 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Purchased a HF Pittsburgh 2 ton Low-Profile Aluminum Racing Floor Jack with rapid pump in 2020 because I needed one right now. Fits under the race car well and it’ll jack the side of my 24’ trailer without the car in it. Light enough for me to pick up in necessary. Still works properly. China s h y t and cheap priced.

Posts: 2458 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of ROLLIN'
posted Hide Post
I purchased a Pittsburgh 3 ton Low-Profile with rapid pump Floor Jack in 2017 and it still going strong. I think it was $99 back then but how are you going to beat it. If you get a coupon, I believe they are $119 now from Harbor Freight.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ROLLIN',

Posts: 23 | Location: .002 next to you | Registered: May 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I have got several and they have lasted well. The ones I got were the aluminum ones and much lighter than my old American made ones. Seems they have lasted as good as heavy American made ones.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I like the little one in the trailer as well as the 3 ton I purchased for the shop.
Hard to beat my FIL's old HW and I will never let go of that thing. But I like the HF's.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Busted Knuckles
posted Hide Post
The HF 2-ton aluminum is the best of that line with rapid pump, it's much lighter than the bigger models are much heavier. I use mine on pretty much all my jobs and it's never failed me...yet. The 1 1/2 ton is too little for anything other than changing an occasional tire, huge difference between it and the 2 ton.

Organized people are just too lazy to look for their $h!t.

Posts: 488 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: November 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys feel better about buying one anyway. Guess will pick one up tomorrow or may wait till a small job I am doing and get lightweight.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Busted Knuckles
posted Hide Post
If you're not in a hurry, I'll post a coupon pic here the next time they put it on sale...

Organized people are just too lazy to look for their $h!t.

Posts: 488 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: November 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
I recently purchased a Daytona 3t, long reach, low profile from HF. So far, I love it.

This one goes 5" higher than my Craftsman so no more 4x4 blocks to get it high enough to service the trans/converter.

My aluminum Craftsman will go in the trailer (if I ever get back out there.)

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have two HF jacks. I have beat them worse than the LAPD beat Rodney King, and still working good.

Posts: 2 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: July 31, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarkV:
I have two HF jacks. I have beat them worse than the LAPD beat Rodney King, and still working good.
LOL.

Like others have said, not bad. I bought a low-profile 2 Ton HF unit 9 years ago. Will get under about anything, and it also has a higher lift than my old Craftsman. Used it to swap trannies on a car that was on jack stands set high enough to slide a TH400 under the car, and it pushed the trans up into place. And yes, it also lifted the entire front end of my Duramax truck a couple of weeks ago. No seal leaks yet, and it gets used a lot more than many. You gotta crack the release knob very slowly, or it will drop your shyt in a hurry.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1035 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
WTH not a really negative comment yet. Something has changed around here.LOL

Thanks guys and not real hurry but lil bit. Need to get out soon and jack,barrel of fuel and new trailer battery are all a must before can.

This shyt needs to go down track full bore like two bit *****. If not soon the driver will be too old and fallen apart to drive the damn thing. Not LOL

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have a Pittsburgh lopro 3 ton and a 1-1/2 ton aluminum racing jack. I am impressed with the quality now compared to the ones I bought a bunch of years ago. I also have a set of the 6 ton Daytona jack stands, that are great for trans removals, dont have to use 4x6's any more to get the car high enough.

Posts: 297 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post