Bracket Talk
Converter ID help

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/80760912/m/1607038086

April 10, 2018, 04:00 PM
Hetzler
Converter ID help
I was hoping someone can help me ID a converter I have. When I purchased it years ago (used), I was told it was an ATI converter. It worked fine and got me thru a rough spell when I couldn't keep a big motor together, but now I am wondering if it really is an ATI or not. The only numbers I can find on it are the pilot, and they are (the first one looks like) R260315, and under that is either just a 2, or a -2.
It's an 8" race converter, it stalled about 5200 behind a mild 351W, but other than that, that's the only real facts I know about it.
Thanks.
April 10, 2018, 04:47 PM
57 Vette
By the numbers on the converter they are Not ATI.
ATI converter numbers all start with the capital letter A. Like A42 is a 8" or A39 is a 9" Treemaster.I should know after running them 35 years.
IHRA ACDELCO Canadian Nationals
Top/et Iron man Champion Wink
Don Davis 57 Corvette Super Gas roadster Cool
SDPC 582 Head Hunter on Alcohol
April 10, 2018, 05:31 PM
Hetzler
That's what I figured (especially after looking at the part number of a real ATI converter I have now.) At the time I bought it, I didnt know any better. I didnt pay a lot for it, and it worked as described, so I wasnt disappointed. But, at this point I would kind of like to know what it is.
April 15, 2018, 06:40 AM
Hetzler
Surely somebody has an idea who built this converter.
April 28, 2018, 07:42 AM
Hetzler
Bueller
Bueller
Bueller?

Anyone?
April 28, 2018, 08:28 PM
RPROGAS
Anyone familiar with GER Converter Numbers? I though they used a part number Series that started with 260 — - - it might be an old GER.

By process of part number numerical elimination it doesn’t appear to be a:

Munsinger
Continental
A-1 or
Select

Bob
April 29, 2018, 07:23 AM
Hetzler
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
Anyone familiar with GER Converter Numbers? I though they used a part number Series that started with 260 — - - it might be an old GER.

By process of part number numerical elimination it doesn’t appear to be a:

Munsinger
Continental
A-1 or
Select

Bob

YIKES!!
I sure hope not.

Thanks.
April 29, 2018, 09:16 AM
Cashflow
Those thieves at GER should have been tied to a tree in the town square and horse whipped.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......
April 29, 2018, 06:40 PM
Hetzler
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
Those thieves at GER should have been tied to a tree in the town square and horse whipped.

Like a lot of other guys, I bought one of those POS doorstops when I first started racing.
April 29, 2018, 08:34 PM
1320racer
no victims, only willing participants same as today with the broke dycks buying based on price alone.
April 29, 2018, 08:39 PM
329L
Try Coan

Jeremiah Hall
April 29, 2018, 09:50 PM
Cashflow
For the record, I never owned one. I have a friend who was taken in by their slick magazine ad. They still owe him a transmission. *******s!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......