Find
Notify
Tools

adapter for co2
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
looking for adapter for co2 bottle so I can fill off welders bottle. I know someone makes one or pieces for it. If know numbers for male and female ends that would help also.

Only place local that would fill is about 20 mil;es from house and PIA,plus they will not fill one of my bottles due to date.Which migh change shortly. LOL

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4195 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Not sure if this is what you are looking for but I use two of these, two npt to -4 adapters and a 24" -4 factory made line to fill my bottles.

https://www.amazon.com/CGA-320...ttings/dp/B06WVMF9PV

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
that gets me to co2 bottle. If I can find one to get out of argon bottle with same pipe tread and simple connector I would be good to go.

Posts: 4195 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Just look up refill station on amazon...

Posts: 1259 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
ok ok. I will look on amazon although it goes against my religion of knowningly doing anything that will profit left wing idiots. I know I probably do lot more than I realize and I am running out of things that are not on that list.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Amazon is a nope. Guess will have to A&T engineer something.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I can't help much with the fittings as I bought my hose and fittings assembled from a fellow racer at my track who was making them 20 years ago. He included a ball valve on a tee so you can bleed pressure without cracking open fittings when you are done filling. I very much suggest that. And I keep a very moderate sized bottle in the trailer as a master, and it lasts several years even filling some for fellow racers. Get a bottle with a syphon tube so you can get the liquid without having to flip the bottle upside down. Strap it to the wall of the trailer and you are good to go. I used a couple 1" aluminum strips and broke them to make a saddle that a screwed to the wall. Then I can just lift the bottle out.

I will warn you that if you get a bottle that is a little high on pressure, you can get too much in the little guys. So it is best to weigh them with a scale. I only say this because when/if that little bottle warms up in the trailer or car, you will blow off the burst disk. Then wonder why the shifter doesn't work.

I'm using more co2 than most people since I use a throttle stop and also pressurize my wastegates, which uses a good amount.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6412 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I had solution whole time. A fitting I had bought does not fit my argon bottle to co2,but does oxygen to co2. Amazing what yu can find if go thru enough of your junk sitting around. LOL

Wouldn't have been looking so hard except local paintball store would not fill my older bottle because of a dang date on it. Now its non issue.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I always try to fill with liquid. Something to keep in mind.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6412 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Check with MCMASTER-CARR

Posts: 1259 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
Argon/nitrogen is a 580 CGA
Oxygen is a 540 CGA
CO2 ia a 320 CGA

Stems are sold as a replacement , a wear item, buy a 320 stem and nut and a 580 stem and nut, join them together with the appropriate adaptors and hose. Local airgas or welding supply can get them.

CGA (US Compressed Gas Association)

Connector type
Connector description
Generic gas property
Example gases or mixtures components
CGA 110 0.3125 - 32 UNEF INT Small Cylinders All Gases CGA 170 9/16" - 18 UNF INT Non Corrosive,
Small Cylinders Argon, Helium CGA 180 5/8" - 18 UNF INT Small Cylinders All Gases CGA 240 3/8" - 18 NPT Toxic Ammonia CGA 296 0.803" - 14 UNS INT Oxidising Mixtures Oxygen Mix > 23% CGA 300 0.825" - 14 NGO Refrigerant Ethyl Chloride CGA 320 0.825" - 14 NGO Non Flammable Carbon Dioxide CGA 326 0.825" - 14 NGO Oxidiser Air CGA 330 0.825" - 14 NGO LH Toxic Hydrogen Chloride CGA 346 0.825" - 14 NGO Oxidiser Air CGA 350 0.825" - 14 NGO LH Flammable Hydrogen, Methane CGA 510 0.825" - 14 NGO LH INT Flammable Propane CGA 540 0.903" - 14 NGO Oxidiser Oxygen CGA 580 0.965" - 14 NGO INT Inert Argon, Nitrogen CGA 590 0.965" - 14 NGO LM INT Oxidiser Air CGA 330 1.030" - 14 NGO Toxic Hydrogen Sulphide CGA 679 1.030" - 14 NGO LH High Pressure Nitrogen CGA 705 1.125" - 14 UNS LH Toxic Ammonia

DIN 477 (Deutsche Industrie Norm)

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I would rather use argon bottle as I refill it more often.