DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Multi-leaf vs mono-leaf rear springs
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Multi-leaf vs mono-leaf rear springs
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
He is trying the Radials and maybe they will last better. His car runs 6.3x-6.40x in the 1/8.

Get the car to work on radials and you’ll never go back. I would not accept an offer to backhalf my car for free.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3160 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of banjo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
He is trying the Radials and maybe they will last better. His car runs 6.3x-6.40x in the 1/8.

Get the car to work on radials and you’ll never go back. I would not accept an offer to backhalf my car for free.

Ain't that the truth!

Bill Simpkins
74 Nova
SBC 406
3240 pounds
Speierracing heads

60 1.27 (10/16)
1/8 6.03@111 (10/16)
Best 9.87@131 on the rev limitor 1 Feb 2013

nova

quarterpanelview

wheelie

FTI Converter
www.speierracingheads.com

Posts: 1830 | Location: San Angelo | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of the rain maker
posted Hide Post
I agree with Lenny & Banjo. Curly if your friend's car could fit a taller radial, I would do it.

David Hammons
2014 IHRA Electronics Champion Gulfport Dragway
2016, 2018 IHRA Footbrake Champion Gulfport Dragway
2018, 2019 1000' Footbrake Champion Gulfport Dragway

Posts: 73 | Location: gulfport ms | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bad Nusz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

Neat pic, Mike; thank you. Will save that.

Posts: 343 | Location: Sioux Falls, SD | Registered: March 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bad Nusz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brktracer:
Best bang for the buck to improve traction and consistency on your truck is to add a weight bar to the back of the bed. About 75 lbs should do the trick.

The split monos are good but not going to make much difference.

Great and thoughtful responses from everyone; thank you much.

Two years ago, as a lark one day I added about 50# of ballast to the back of the truck, and pumped up the 10x28 slicks from 13 PSI to 17 PSI. Instantly the extreme spread of the truck's 60-foots narrowed down to about .01 second! I was floored. I went deep into the rounds in two classes that afternoon, losing in the semi-finals of a money class.

Suspension was all stock, save for the Caltracs.
I run about 11.80 in the quarter.

Alas, the slicks started to show cords after that afternoon and had to be pitched. Ironically, the previous owner of those slicks retired them because they spun on him.

I have not been quite able to duplicate that success, even with new slicks and 120# of ballast, last year. But those slicks were sitting on Jeg's shelf for over a year.
I learned my lesson and bought new tires directly from Hoosier this spring.

My goal is to be able to dead-hook on every launch no matter the conditions (mostly), but that could be a fantasy...... ;^)

Posts: 343 | Location: Sioux Falls, SD | Registered: March 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Brktracer
posted Hide Post
It should dead hook every time, all the time.

Matt Ward

Posts: 1389 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post