DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    no high gear or reverse
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

no high gear or reverse
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
brand new powerglide installed and running tonight . no high or reverse. low, neutral and park seem to work well though. i know it is not the shifter,as we disconnected the cable and moved the lever by hand. any ideas?

Posts: 94 | Location: goldsboro,nc | Registered: January 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
maybe more than one issue.if useing pro brake and you have low,solenoid or depth on solenoid.high gear is seals on back of pump or piston seals.always a chance of valve body issues

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1415 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
i know it is not the shifter,as we disconnected the cable and moved the lever by hand

You should pull the pan and check to see if the manual valve is hook up.

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
will do, thanks

Posts: 94 | Location: goldsboro,nc | Registered: January 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Had something similar with the governor block off plate left out.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
made a mistake. had high gear after all . the trans co. installed a pro brake, when they shouldn't have. now i have to change the valve body on a brand new $4700 transmission.

DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
or put a solenoid on it

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1415 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by keyed up:
made a mistake. had high gear after all . the trans co. installed a pro brake, when they shouldn't have. now i have to change the valve body on a brand new $4700 transmission.

I believe a lot of standard brakes still have the reverse safety in them now I know TSR does. If you haven't talked to the transmission company you probably should.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Why not keep the Pro Brake?

Posts: 608 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
footbrake only. just re-wired the car and really don't want to add on to it

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Looks like you are in NC and a ton of people here have a pro brake trans including me running foot brake. So why not just keep it you don't HAVE to leave off the button if you don't want to. It is a pita when backing up.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
How does it not have high gear because of a pro brake.....

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 67TSCHEVY2:
How does it not have high gear because of a pro brake.....

He corrected that, it has high range.

I'm just over here wondering how you end up with $4700 in a basic manual shift pukeglitch? Eek Confused

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1669 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
ati proglide with straight cut gear, their two piece case and bell. couldn't go to baltimore to pick it up, so $100 for the box, $300 for freight.

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by keyed up:
ati proglide with straight cut gear, their two piece case and bell. couldn't go to baltimore to pick it up, so $100 for the box, $300 for freight.

I guess it adds up quick these days. Cool

I haven't had to spend transmission $$$ since 2002 when I obliterated the 2.10 / 1.40 Kilgore gear set in my TH-400 by hitting the t-brake button coasting about 20 mph in neutral..... Eek

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1669 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
seems like all the three letter, transmission guys get close to $4000 for a straight cut gear aftermarket case set-up. valve body replacement was fairly straight forward though. will fire it up tomorrow and check my work.