DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    2015 GMC/Chevy 2500/3500HD Duramax
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2015 GMC/Chevy 2500/3500HD Duramax
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
any issues,

Other than them owing tax payers more than $22 billion dollars?

I thought you hated China. After bailing them out, GM invested billion$ in China and gave giant incentives for Cadillacs.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I thought you hated China.

It's a world of spin, our politicians have taught us well, cherry pick you position to fit your needs. It's a New World Order, that's a fact and it won't change. Buying GM is no more buying American than buying Dell. Just got a Ford retiree news publication, one of the articles: "Ford executive chairman addresses "the future of mobility".... co-hosted by the Dubia Chamber of Commerce and Ford middle east and Africa." As America declines and sales wane they won't bother to look over their shoulder as they pursue revenue elsewhere.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
My D max will be the last GM I buy...gubment motors for 1 reason...the other...too many chinese parts used to build it. I was floored when seeing.."Made in China" on parts

Posts: 118 | Location: ! | Registered: April 10, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
mexico...yes, canada..yes, china...bs, list the "too many chinese parts used to build it."

FYI, recently, had an accident, insurance company adjuster wrote it up and sent me a check. Upon review I saw he/they were paying for chinese replacement parts. I called my insurance company, refused the check and demanded the replacement parts be OEM! Despite their position that my policy states they can use offshore replacement parts, to which I replied, I didn't by a chinese car, they paid for OEM, genuine GM replacement parts which were made in canada.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me to find that some smaller parts, maybe trim parts, might be made in china, but the driveline, cab/body panels are made here, canada and mexico and most important, the men and women assembling my truck, these trucks are US citizens, working in assembly plants on US soil in Ft. Wayne, Ind. and Flint, Mich., their wages are paid in US dollars and their tax money is being used in their town, city, state for schools, roads, infastructure and maybe more importantly, our country's military!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Ed, guess you have never heard of Delphi have you? To introduce, Delphi was a division of GM years ago and supplies the chassis, brake and steering parts to GM. Back in the 2000-2005 time frame Delphi closed five factories in Dayton Ohio and moved the production to China. Total job loss direct and indirect labor was above 50,000 and that was before they closed the S-10 and Blazer plant South of Dayton to relocate that production to some cheap labor country.

Take a guess how much of your new truck is coming across the ocean from China and not over the border from Canada or Mexico unless of course, you specified to the dealer your chit can't come from China! I'm sure if you told then this is Ed they will produce the stuff for your truck here.

US citizens may assemble parts of the truck but the parts are coming from China. See if the dealer will throw in a copy of Rosetta Stone in the deal.

Posts: 3 | Location: Cold and Rainy | Registered: September 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Delphi was a division of GM years ago and supplies the chassis, brake and steering parts to GM.

Are you sure about Delphi being a division of GM. Certainly Delco-Remy was but they sold out at least in part to Delphi. Alternators and such made in Anderson, IN I know for sure and maybe radios in Kokomo, IN. I'm thinking they've been a foreign interest ever since they took over the Delco operations.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
History

1994: General Motors formed Automotive Components Group.
1995: ACG was renamed Delphi Automotive Systems.
1997: GM and Hughes Electronics Corporation spin-off of Hughes Defense electronics business and transfer Delco Electronics from Hughes to Delphi.
1999: Delphi Automotive Systems became a fully independent publicly held corporation.
2000: Delphi purchased UK based Lucas Diesel Systems from TRW Inc who purchased its parent LucasVarity plc in 1999.
2001: 11,500 jobs were cut worldwide (Bischoff 1A).
2002: Delphi Automotive Systems was renamed Delphi Corporation reflecting its diversified business direction.
2004: Delphi was subpoenaed by the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) in July for irregular accounting practices and financial transactions.
2005: Delphi disclosed irregular accounting practices. A number of executives, including CFO Alan Dawes, resign. Delphi Chairman J.T. Battenberg retires. Delphi files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection to reorganize its struggling U.S. operations. As a result of this action, the Securities and Exchange Commission granted an application by the New York Stock Exchange to delist Delphi's common stock and bonds.[4] The stock traded over the counter on the Pink Sheets electronic exchange.
2005: Twenty-four plants closed down in the U.S.

Posts: 3 | Location: Cold and Rainy | Registered: September 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Ed, kudos for standing up for the USA products, and employees...you state you had an 05? look at some of the plastic interior trim..look at the roof marker lens....you wont see "made in usa", "made in Canada" or "made in mexico"...mine states "made in china" and I'd bet yours do too.
Until a fair trade policy is put into effect..we don't have much say on where things sold in this country are manufactured

Posts: 118 | Location: ! | Registered: April 10, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Until a fair trade policy is put into effect..we don't have much say on where things sold in this country are manufactured

Pretty much sums it up.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6398 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Looking at the Window Sticker from my 2011 Hemi Ram it lists 70% US/Canadian contents, and 15% Mexico (engine) content. It doesn’t list the remainder, only says “Does Not include Final Assembly, Distribution or other Non-Parts cost”. I’d like to know how much is Chinese. Radio, Instruments, engine controls ???

Posts: 2456 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<DOTracer>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
Looking at the Window Sticker from my 2011 Hemi Ram it lists 70% US/Canadian contents, and 15% Mexico (engine) content. It doesn’t list the remainder, only says “Does Not include Final Assembly, Distribution or other Non-Parts cost”. I’d like to know how much is Chinese. Radio, Instruments, engine controls ???

Gas engine? All the Cummins engines are built at the CMEP plant in Indiana.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DOTracer:
quote:

Not many Hemi diesels.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<DOTracer>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Roger McGinnis:
quote:
Originally posted by DOTracer:
quote:

Not many Hemi diesels.

Guess I missed that part. Who would buy a hemi over a Cummins anyway? Razz

Plus the thread was about a Duramax DIESEL, not gas, nor Ram.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The point I was making is that the country content of any vehicle is listed on the sticker. If it’s got 5% Chinese parts it should list it.

Posts: 2456 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Plus the thread was about a Duramax DIESEL, not gas, nor Ram.

That got screwed up eventually. Just like every thread that Ed gets involved in. Too bad!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6398 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
Just like every thread that Ed gets involved in. Too bad!

But,,,,, it was Ed's thread, so no one really cares.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Heck, even the John Deere tractor that I bought about 3 years ago was made in India.
And nothing like the John Deere's of old when they were made in Iowa.
Guess they had to cheapen them to make them competitive with the Kubotos, ect

Posts: 266 | Location: Irving, Texas | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mopar Traitor:
Heck, even the John Deere tractor that I bought about 3 years ago was made in India.
And nothing like the John Deere's of old when they were made in Iowa.
Guess they had to cheapen them to make them competitive with the Kubotos, ect

I have a JD 1050 which is a pretty old machine. Yanmar made them. Roll Eyes

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Did you know that every Duramax-Izu engine is run on a dyno before installed in the truck? That is impressive.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<DOTracer>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
Did you know that every Duramax-Izu engine is run on a dyno before installed in the truck? That is impressive.

Did not know that, but same deal with the Cummins as well.