DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Reher Morrison camshaft
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reher Morrison camshaft
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Anyone have a RM cam 420-116 that they are wanting to sell?...RM is currently out of stock....reply or PM ...thx

Posts: 24 | Location: Peterman, AL | Registered: November 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Erson has been out of them for months..

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4469 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I ordered the 420-119 from them back in August, and got it in 3-4 days. I was very surprised considering that was the peak of when everyone was out of parts.

I was worried that around this time of year things would start getting scarce. I feel bad for the engine builders out there. Can't build motors and make a living if you can't get parts to put together.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
there's nothing special about those Erson cams, any cam company can duplicate them. Call Comp or your favorite company with the specs.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I know cpl months back nobody had cm cores to grind. I ended up sending a core off to have ground. Hated to do it because it was good cam just not for this combo.

Good luck if comp does not have one to grind you are probably waiting a while.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of dragracer2757
posted Hide Post
might check with oakley racing but like ed said as i had to do the same, ended up with a comp cam with erson specs.

Posts: 62 | Location: old hickory tn | Registered: December 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
APD might have it.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1835 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Try LSM. They had cores for my BBM when no one else had them. If they do not have a core they can make it..

http://www.lsmeng.com/Camshafts.html

dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I have one in perfect condition.
Just removed it from my engine

I'd sell it...but it won't be cheap !
Those cams work very well in a 565

PM me

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
There is nothing special about that cam. Comp's 1718 or 1719 intake lobe and their 1966 exhaust lobe ground on a 112 LS is basically the same. The first intake lobe has .470" and the second has .483" lobe lift vs .475 for the R&M cam. Have it ground on the gold 8620 core.

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
There's not many cores available.

It's a waiting game no matter where you go.

I'm waiting on two now at the front of the pack Crower & Clay Smith Cams.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
There is nothing special about that cam. Comp's 1718 or 1719 intake lobe and their 1966 exhaust lobe ground on a 112 LS is basically the same. The first intake lobe has .470" and the second has .483" lobe lift vs .475 for the R&M cam. Have it ground on the gold 8620 core.

That will set you back about $550 and take a week, maybe more

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
but it's a better cam, tighter tolerances due to being a custom grind and therefore one off QA/QC.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I had Comp Cams grind me a custom cam last fall

Picked 2 lobes from master list and got it in about a week

Installed in my engine and won't know if it was worth the effort till we get into racing season

After thinking about it, I will not sell the R-M cam. It's a very good cam and worth keeping...

I bought 3 of them......damaged 2 and tossed them in the dumpster.....