DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    What affects methanol consistency
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What affects methanol consistency
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
Wrong again mr. mikey.....I can make my car zerox timeslips...done it before and will do it again...and didn't have data acquisition when I did...Stop assuming you know my program. Have I had issues here? Yes...but every racer does with new stuff until they work out the bugs....nothing new here...and I know what they are now...they will get addressed after my move. Did I need help figuring it out? yep, not afraid to admit it either...

I also build my own engines and transmissions....and rear ends, frame repair/chassis upgrades, vehicle wiring, etc.....

You're not special, you're not "all that", and you're certainly no authority on anything. Explain again how you hit the cone at Bradenton and got booted from the track? Explain how you managed to get BANNED FROM YELLOW BULLET?????? A site that it's next to impossible to get banned from?????

Now, show us those zeroxed time slips, with YOUR CAR'S NUMBER on them. Show us the ones where you ran the same run after run after run......WITH YOUR CAR NUMBER ON THEM. Everybody else that says something about et on here and puts timeslips on their posts, HAS THEIR CAR NUMBER ON THEM, except you.....you just cherry pic et and mph info, and cover everything else up...You questioned Ed, yet he posted A TRUE, VALID, AND VERIFIABLE time slip up to prove his claim, something you STILL HAVE NOT DONE....just your cherry picked ones with select info covered up....So what do you have to hide mikey??

So, it's either time to put up or shut up.....one of the two. You post tuning info in every thread, yet have nothing to prove your results or you're right. I don't agree with Ed much or on many things, but at least his **** is proven and he's got the trophies to back it up, just like several other racers on here....What have you done lately????

My daughter would embarrass you on the track with her 1972 Cutlass four door...and she'd be happy to do it....at least she doesn't hit the cones going down track!!!

Heck my old Nova would print tickets and was before any sportsman had data acquisition systems,heck only folks who had them had blowers and nitro.

Work and get tune up right, change very little(my problem) and keep up with maintenance .Car will do the rest.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZOBENV:
Question- back a few post it was mentioned water test for fuel. Can someone explain?

Alky is very hydroscopic, meaning it absorbs water. If you are in a humid area, and any time really, it's always a good idea to test to see how much water is in it. You use a hydrometer to do this.

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of inferno camaro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
Originally posted by inferno camaro:That is where I got them, they were both marked 105 and 1 was 105 1/4 the other was 106. Chris was great to work with but Mickey needs to do something better with quality control. The last pair took 4 sets to get a set that was with in 1/4". Been fighting it the last 2+ years.

Have you tried shrinking the larger tire RO that was discussed in a forum here?

Yeah, every time I think I've changed the size of one it ends up back where it started. But they had a weekend on them before I tried shrinking so probably never really had a chance.

Posts: 361 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sleeper 69:
quote:
Originally posted by jmarkaudio:
How much temp does it gain on track?

Leave the starting line at 150. Run 1/8 mile and drive back to the pits it is 170. Running the fan, moroso electric motor driven, the entire run.

I am really surprised that we are 4 pages in, and nobody is suggesting it may be on the lean side? (Not necessarily main jets, could be air bleeds, or even idle mixture). Yes, alky is forgiving. But normally the air gets better at night, and if you are spot on, or on the fat side, you will stay same or pick up a bit. If you go backwards under better DA, you are probably lean. If I hit the box at 170*, I may see plus 5-10* at the turn-out or slip shack, but when I get back to the pits I am back at 170* I would go to 160 or 164 mains, and see what that does for you. JMHO,
Oh, and yes, whoever commented about late rounds = less cool-down = higher trans temp. I agree hotter fluid can definitely affect your down-track incrementals. But if the fluid is that hot, it will usually affect converter flash, R/T, and 60' too.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1035 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
Mr. mikey, talking about stuff he knows nothing about....

You're waaaaaaaaaaaaay to easy....way to easy...

BTW, the cone you hit is the next one in front of the car, about two car lengths ahead of you in that pic......

You're triggered.

This is the 660 ft finish line foam block you keep jumping up and down like a child claiming I
hit.

It's self evident the block is sitting on the finish line behind the cars unmoved, meaning neither car is responsible for the foam block, at this point.

You claim there's another block, while Bradenton won't clarify why they put the station wagon back in the race, 45 minutes after declaring it loser.

Both are admissions of deceit. Keep lying the same as Bradenton, the Evidence is never going away.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post