DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    trailer roof coating
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

trailer roof coating
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Anything that you can put on roof to help prevent streaks. Mine is raw aluminum except for edges. cover in black tree mildew for lack of better wording. Being Silver Trailer it is doing great not streaking too bad, still have some.

Thought maybe a white cool seal or dump a buch of waxy coating on it to prevent build up that runs dwon and causes streaks. No not talking car waxing roof.LOL

Any suggestions? I want to do it before putting cover on it.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
Anything that you can put on roof to help prevent streaks. Mine is raw aluminum except for edges. cover in black tree mildew for lack of better wording. Being Silver Trailer it is doing great not streaking too bad, still have some.

Thought maybe a white cool seal or dump a buch of waxy coating on it to prevent build up that runs dwon and causes streaks. No not talking car waxing roof.LOL

Any suggestions? I want to do it before putting cover on it.

WO, below IMO is the best roof coating to use & it's pricey! I haven't done my trailer yet, but it's getting done soon. You will probably need to power wash your roof 1st to get rid of your "black tree mildew".

https://henry.com/retail/white...e-white-roof-coating

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2552 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I can tell you that the regular white roof coating will hold all of the dirt and tree sap.

Posts: 1463 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
I had a crowned RV rubber roof installed on my trailer, at a RV repair facility.
Very reasonable I think at about $800 back in 2014, including replacing the water damaged interior ceiling panels.

No more black streaks. Ever.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1666 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted Hide Post
I scrubbed my roof with soap and water and put rust oleum white paint on with a roller
I did two coats and it made a big difference and also lowered the temperature inside
I also put J hook vinyl gutters on below the upper trim
J Rain Gutter Drip Rail WHITE Plastic 3M Peel Stick RV Truck Car Windows Boats
From eBay
You have to wash the roof each year
Streak free now

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports

Posts: 253 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Thinks guys. Looks like rustoleum will do what I need. I have 80' of J rail for gutter deal. Actually found at scrap yard. At price I should have bought the whole stack and sold off at twice price and saved buyers good amount. Oh well.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
Cool seal is out, it is porous and will hold the dirt.
A silicone based coating will dry shiny and not hold as much dirt. The J channel will stop the runoff, I used Mirror type alum J moulding and put it up top, not on the sides. Jack the trailer front up and the water runs off the back. Make sure the back door gaskets are sealing good, or put a 3 inch diverter over it full width of the trailer.
I would hesitate putting oil base on a roof, the expansion and contraction is a lot on a trailer.

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ballz
posted Hide Post
As someone who sells coatings in roofing biz...Gaco S2000 is about the best 100% Silicone product out there. NOT a fan of Henry, that is made for Home Depot's etc.

It will also clean up to new looking with a good soap and water bath.

Posts: 313 | Location: west palm beach, fla. usa | Registered: June 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post