DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    relocating radiator
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

relocating radiator
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Ive got to move a radiator to the back of a dragster.Has anyone done this recently? Looking for maybe some pics as well as where to get a radiator for a rear dragster application

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Mike, Ron Davis for the radiator. The one on my car is $700 with the Undercover shroud

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
ed what are you using for expansion tank and pump? and how are you bleeding air out of system?

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Mike, Miezere block mounted pump, no expansion tank, my fill neck is manifold mounted.

Bleeding all the air out is a bit tricky and the easiest way is to show you.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
On my new altered I will be using one of these from Maziere and a very small radiator mounted behind the seat. Came with the car and should work nice. Will mount it up fairly high to help make it easy to bleed air out and fill.
https://www.meziere.com/Produc...-Cooling-System.aspx

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4001 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
If you are thinking your radiator is going to be higher than your filler neck, have a filler neck added to the highest point of the radiator. Seen several like this. Makes getting the air out a whole lot easier.

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I had to relocate my radiator on my dragster earlier this year because I added a dry sump system to my car. I am not sure what builder of car you have but mine is an American. I called them up and gave them some dims and they built me some brackets and also sent me the radiator. It is a ron davidson. if you don't have an American I am sure they can build you something. give them a call.

Posts: 100 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: September 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
if your wanting a new radiator anyway, Danny Nelson sells them with a fill point on the tank of the radiator... might check with him

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1515 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
if your wanting a new radiator anyway, Danny Nelson sells them with a fill point on the tank

JR i saw that looks like a nice deal...i actually saw this weekend the rad i had in the front can be used horizontal or vertical and its small and compact.Im just going to have to fab up some brackets.I also got the meziere top dragsteer pump which has the filler neck,expansion tank and overflow all in one unit.Just have to figure out how to install it.Ive never seen one in a dragster before.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Neither have I, you might be the first. Big Grin Meziere builds good stuff.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Neither have I, you might be the first. Meziere builds good stuff.

You may be correct ed...i just called meziere and asked if they could send me pics of the unit installed so i can get some mounting ideas but so far chirp chirp

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
quote:
Neither have I, you might be the first. Meziere builds good stuff.

You may be correct ed...i just called meziere and asked if they could send me pics of the unit installed so i can get some mounting ideas but so far chirp chirp

Thats a goofy looking and very expensive water pump set up. Why dont you just use the same pump you have been using, install a tall filler neck on the manifold and a petkoch on the high point of the radiator to vent the air out? Just open the petkoch and fill with with water until all the air is pushed out then close it.

Posts: 2421 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Exactly.There is a reason the Pet****s are/were on Detroit engines and others back in the day. Easy fill and bleed the air out. WORKS.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post