DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    MSD Grid run playback
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MSD Grid run playback
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted
For some reason my grid is only recording 1.4 second of my run. All the settings look correct and of course I am chasing a converter issue and cannot download the entire run. Any ideas? I spent an hour on hold with MSD over 3 different calls so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
Clean out the history, the memory is full .

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
As was written prior, the SD card is probably full and will need to have the runs erased.

The SD card Full Overwrite feature does Not work in Grid.

I recommend to those that Do Not monitor Grid Data Acquisition daily to turn the Data Acquisition Status to OFF. This way when you need to analyze a problem you can easily turn the Status ON and you’re ready to record.

To increase the number of runs the SD card will hold and to download runs faster I recommend this. Disable the Ignition IN and Ignition Out channels unless you are troubleshooting an ignition miss problem. These two channels use much memory.

Program the Max Recording Time to 20 seconds. This is more than enough time to view the Launch and Run. This will make the Acquisition file size much smaller and faster to download.

When downloading Data Acquisition files select BOTH Download AND DELETE boxes. This will remove the file from the SD card and it’ll remain in the file folder on your laptop where you need it. This keeps the card clean and avoids having to maintain the SD card.

Posts: 2467 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. Is there any way to select all or do you have to individually click each run? I will turn the ignition in/out off and change the record time to 20 seconds.

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 391T
posted Hide Post
For me it wasnt the card was full but too many files in the directory I think. When it gets to around 300 it starts doing the short run thing. I just created another folder on the sd card and move the files over there for a backup. It has happened to me twice and both times it was around 300.

Scott Smith

Posts: 301 | Location: Barbourville, KY | Registered: December 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
No select all that I know of. If you have an USB SD card adapter that plugs into your laptop, just remove the card from Grid and I believe you can do it faster in File Explorer.

Other Grid channels to disable if not using are, Step 1,2,3,4,5. Cam Sync, External Timing Retard. This will shorten up the display tree in MSD ReView.

Posts: 2467 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 391T:
For me it wasn't the card was full but too many files in the directory I think. When it gets to around 300 it starts doing the short run thing. I just created another folder on the sd card and move the files over there for a backup. It has happened to me twice and both times it was around 300.

Interesting information that makes sense. The original Grids came with 2GB SD cards and the newer Grids are 8GB I believe only because the early cards are obsolete. Should be able to store 1000’s of runs on a 2GB.

I have over 2500 ReView files in 300 folders and it only uses 155 MB of space on my computer.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TonyB6255:
Thanks guys. Is there any way to select all or do you have to individually click each run? I will turn the ignition in/out off and change the record time to 20 seconds.

I know you can select all but been a while since I done it. Seems like you double click the delete box and it will check all the boxes. Next time I have my lap top out I will check it.

Posts: 114 | Location: ky | Registered: April 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ts393c:I know you can select all but been a while since I done it. Seems like you double click the delete box and it will check all the boxes..

Yes let us know if possible. Maybe do a Right Click ?

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
Originally posted by ts393c:I know you can select all but been a while since I done it. Seems like you double click the delete box and it will check all the boxes..

It might of been right click. I want to say it is right above the boxes you check. You either double click it or right click and it check them all. Do it again and it will take all the check marks off. I should be racing this weekend, if weather lets me, I will get my lap top out and see how I done it.

Posts: 114 | Location: ky | Registered: April 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Rodney Pryor
posted Hide Post
I’m pretty sure you just click on “delete” at the top of the column to select all. Same thing if you wanted to “transfer” all at one time.

Posts: 116 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
Anyone else notice weird things happening when the SD card gets full? I know of several people that had missing issues, but went away after they found the card was full, and they changed it, or cleared the files.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 708 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
My run count was at 257 so I am sure that's it. I'm going to delete all files and start over.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:

You can select all by hitting the title heading. Delete and transfer. It will check them all.

Posts: 1442 | Location: St Marys | Registered: January 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I think this might be why mine won't record either! Same deal, 1.4 seconds and that's it. Basically nothing

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1472 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Silly me, I deleted them one at a time. I'll know better next time.

Bob

Posts: 3085 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rodney Pryor:
I’m pretty sure you just click on “delete” at the top of the column to select all. Same thing if you wanted to “transfer” all at one time.

Tried this method today to Transfer or Delete all run files and works as written. Nice !!