Find
Notify
Tools

Co2 Bottles
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted
I have 10oz Co2 bottles - what pressure should they be filled too? My source for filling them is gone so probably going to have to do it myself.

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
They are filled by weight, not pressure.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
How do you weigh them without the hose influencing the weight measurement? Overfill and unhook hose and vent til right weight?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6413 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
So - a 10 oz bottle should then weigh how much when full?

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I have a 20lb mother bottle I use to fill them. Just freeze the small bottle and warm up the mother. Take one tank, empty it and put it on a postal scale or similar. That's tare weight. Filled weight is 10oz over that. When I fill mine I let it go until it stops transferring on its own. Never had an issue with overfilling.

Which reminds me...I need to fill mine!

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1489 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Colorados method is how I fill mine as well. hook cold 10oz bottle to warm 20lb bottle, open valves, when it stops it is full. no problems.

ep

Posts: 767 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Rodney Pryor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chasracer:

10 ounces more than it did when it was empty.

Posts: 118 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
2 lbs 10oz to 3.0 lbs

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 709 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rodney Pryor:
quote:
Originally posted by chasracer:

10 ounces more than it did when it was empty.

got it!