DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    VP vs Renegade Fuel
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

VP vs Renegade Fuel
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Looking at running either q16 or k16. Renegade deal close to me just wondering if anyone has any experience with this fuel.

Posts: 24 | Location: The Beach | Registered: September 26, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Yes Q16 With a spec carb for it
Different boosters
Enlarged booster tubes and angle channels
Wide body metering blocks
Slightly different calibration on the emulsion.

Other than that "A good gas mask.
K16 -Oxygen 5%

Q16-Oxygen 9.41%

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD3550,

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Renegade has the worse dye for staining everything it gets on....

Posts: 1259 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have dyno'd and raced with both.....with exact same results....only thing I noticed was it was a different color........Howie

Posts: 72 | Location: SYRACUSE,NEW YORK | Registered: October 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have a friend that ran both with no difference other than Renegade is more affordable.

Posts: 4 | Location: st clair | Registered: August 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have run both. Track sells VP I get Renegade from. A local oil distributor. Cannot tell when one is in vs the other. As already said only difference I see is money I save. Seems like a really solid product.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I used both last season. Didn’t notice a difference at all on the track or on the racepak.

Posts: 59 | Location: D3 | Registered: May 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
current drum prices I was quoted yesterday (these are not dealer price these were racer price )...

K16 -------$675.00
Q16--------$1085.63

your results may vary .... but we gave up on VP fuels many years ago when they decided it was made of real gold ...

Posts: 784 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
That is a really good price on the K-16 Paul.

Posts: 608 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chillin:
Looking at running either q16 or k16.

why do you want run either of these fuels and pay a premium to do so for little et reduction with a 632 bracket engine?

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I’m on the same page as Ed on this one. Why spend money that you don’t need to?

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
There are 2 q16 fuels, one is .05 slower. What fuel are you comparing?

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4504 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If you have about 14-1 C/R or less you could run K-13 about a buck more a gallon than 112+ and will run cooler than regular gas, deadly on the ET slip too, and it wont kill you with the smell like Q-16

Posts: 608 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
or he can run Sunoco Supreme aka Blue with up to 16:1 compression

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
My 15:1 conventional headed 582 ran the best MPH on Sunoco Blue. When I couldn't locate any Sunoco fuel I bought VP C-15, it lost a little over 2 mph and .08 ET. Same day same track, same D/A just slower (5.10 and a 5.11 @ 136 to 5.18 @ 134) and a gang more expensive.

The big difference was the higher 2:1 fuel $$$$$ bill. I still can't find any Sunoco Blue so I am going to try F&L SP-3, it's rated the same as the Sunoco Blue. 10 gallons of F&L cost me $98.00 (California state sales tax included). 5 Gallons of the VP C-15 was $103.00.

Bob

Posts: 3083 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
My 15:1 conventional headed 582 ran the best MPH on Sunoco Blue. When I couldn't locate any Sunoco fuel I bought VP C-15, it lost a little over 2 mph and .08 ET. Same day same track, same D/A just slower (5.10 and a 5.11 @ 136 to 5.18 @ 134) and a gang more expensive.

The big difference was the higher 2:1 fuel $$$$$ bill. I still can't find any Sunoco Blue so I am going to try F&L SP-3, it's rated the same as the Sunoco Blue. 10 gallons of F&L cost me $98.00 (California state sales tax included). 5 Gallons of the VP C-15 was $103.00.

Bob

If S works for you thats great. About what I’d expect if you didn’t tune for it. VP wants less timing usually depending on compression and prob fuel too. I’ve seen too many S fuels fail check out of a new can. We've tested a bunch of fuels on the pump. There’s a reason we run VP.

You watching the Fling??

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4504 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
You watching the Fling??

Yep! Wishin' I was there, to quote Norm Crosby unfortunately I had an appointment with a sturgeon.

What's next for you? How's the trailer coming along?

Bob

Posts: 3083 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I'm watching also! Big Grin

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
quote:
You watching the Fling??

Yep! Wishin' I was there, to quote Norm Crosby unfortunately I had an appointment with a sturgeon.

What's next for you? How's the trailer coming along?

Bob

Well I was watching Brian go rounds wishing too, but Doug Bracey and I do have an appointment with a Sturgeon!
Trailers ok now, SCDIV1 helped me do the drive belt in my 7k Onan. Pretty good job all good now. Trailer is pretty much done. Just honey doo time, I’m headed to Watson’s to finish small things on the 650 and then deliver to Jeff. Two motors to go... waiting on parts..

Raceless in California!

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
How much is the Sunoco and Renegade 116 stuff costing these days? I just bought 2 drums of Late Model Plus for my 615 sr20 combo for 585/drum.

Posts: 59 | Location: D3 | Registered: May 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post