DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Why's no one at Big Foot @ Galot?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why's no one at Big Foot @ Galot?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Banning manual starting line controllers definitely impacted car count and I suspect that same call will impact the WFC.

I would think banning cheating would INCREASE car counts, but I don't play in that sandbox.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
your opinion but these devices in one form or another have been in use for at least over 3 decades and have always been legal per the NHRA providing they are manually operated aka require no power to activate.

That said, I’m told none of the D1 hitters and past winners who have always supported loose rocker's footbrake races showed up.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
Wrong again...

FRIDAY

Winner - Dave Harvey, Jr

Runner-Up - Jesse Betterton
Semi - Randy Biddle, Jr.

SAT/SUN COMBO
Rain: Split & Quit at 7 Cars
Nick Hastings was still doubled, with one entry on the bye. Hastings was awarded the winner’s check and Eagle trophy by random chip draw. Adam Davis, who had a PERFECT RUN first round, drew the Runner-Up check. Other remaining drivers included: Alan Thatcher, Jesse Betterton, Mark Bridgers, and Lucas Walker

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5731 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
If the info I heard was correct, there were only 125-150 racers at VMP Triple Threat this weekend as well?

VMP Triple Threat
Friday - 197
Saturday - 194
Sunday - 170
https://dragstory.com/forum/in...php/board,502.0.html

Posts: 5731 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
World Footbrake Challenge pre-entries as of the first week of June:
2021 - 275
2022 - 243

DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
"Throttle control: Throttle must be manually operated by the driver’s foot, with the exception of Motorcycle. Electronics, pneumatics, hydraulics or any other device may in no way affect the
throttle operation. "

I interpret the above to mean that manual throttle controllers (including morse cables) are illegal per NHRA, but I only race at tracks local to me, so I have no idea what gets enforced (or not enforced) elsewhere.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I'm not wrong, I was told

quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
I’m told none of the D1 hitters and past winners who have always supported loose rocker's footbrake races showed up.

I don't give a fuc, I don't race footbrake any more.

who else from D1 other than Harvey was there

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
I interpret the above to mean that manual throttle controllers (including morse cables) are illegal per NHRA, but I only race at tracks local to me, so I have no idea what gets enforced (or not enforced) elsewhere.

they have been and I assume still are legal in D1 in as much as many still have them in their cars and it's never been an issue at the bracket finals.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Laughing Hard

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I am still curious what was the car count and was it really down that much?

If so Why?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4002 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
like 57 on friday, and i hear 58 or so on saturday

Posts: 94 | Location: goldsboro,nc | Registered: January 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
pretty dismal car count but yea, banning manual starting line controllers had nothing to do with it. Didn't think of that Laughing very hard

Way to screw the pooch Michael clapping

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
the weather forecast was terrible mid-week. 75% chance of a washout for the saturday race.

Posts: 94 | Location: goldsboro,nc | Registered: January 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by keyed up:
like 57 on friday, and i hear 58 or so on saturday

Eek Eek Eek

Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1231 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
I am still curious what was the car count and was it really down that much?

If so Why?

99-102 is what I heard from a couple racers that were there.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
Vmp looked bare last weekend. Not even 200 cars. Last year it was 400ish.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1394 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Brktracer
posted Hide Post
It's a shame the attendance was poor. I'd like to see this format continue.

I'm trying to run Loose Rocker events. Both were on my calendar this year. The spring race was postponed to the same weekend as the NHRA D2 bracket finals at SGMP. This past race was rescheduled to the same weekend that my local track runs their weekend points race. Also, another local track was running a 3 day race.

I have 2 children running jr's so they come first.

Also, the Thanksgiving race is on top of big jr races.

This year's schedule just totally didn't work out.

Matt Ward

Posts: 1389 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Jared
posted Hide Post
The Loose Rocker event had everything working against them. Having to change date and location is rough. LOTS of events keeping racers closer to home, in areas that usually offer good support. Potential weather on people's mind and the list goes on.

From what I've seen, Michael and Anthony went above and beyond to make it enjoyable and worth the racer's investment. They did more than anyone expected and I applaud them for that.

As for the hand controllers, we have the numbers of how many we've had in attendance each event, for the past 3 years. They represent a fair % of the crowd, but in no way is the number a 'make or break' type number.

I'm sure our event will be impacted by the ruling, but we will never know the true impact. I've had some racers say they're coming because we made the change. Either way, we felt like it was the best decision for the event, and we will live with the results.

Jared Pennington
Coalburg Racing # 1X
http://worldfootbrakechallenge.com
The Sportsman Drag Racing Podcast with Luke and Jed

Posts: 2025 | Location: Coalburg , Alabama | Registered: July 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jared:

As for the hand controllers, we have the numbers of how many we've had in attendance each event, for the past 3 years. They represent a fair % of the crowd, but in no way is the number a 'make or break' type number.

I'm sure our event will be impacted by the ruling, but we will never know the true impact. I've had some racers say they're coming because we made the change. Either way, we felt like it was the best decision for the event, and we will live with the results.

I applaud your decision.

Mike

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I denounce your decision though it doesn’t effect me and I never attended the WFC.