DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Shop and Home security systems
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shop and Home security systems
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Nice shop. You storing Lear jets in there too?

Nice and bright. that FE car, is that a Parks car?
Bad ***.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Thank you, I do have a few cars I will be storing in there which is why I started the thread here about security. When I get the shop complete I will move all the cars in and post another picture. The picture with the flags is about half of it the other part is full of construction junk.

The FED is a 2018, 225" Jamworks chassis. Total blast to drive. Took me a little while to get it dialed in and I am still going to make a few changes.

Storing Lear jets in there? Lol, No but I am going to do everything I can to make the shop nice. It will have car lift, hoist, 80 feet of shelving with work stations and benches under the whole thing. I have spent a lot of time to plan it out. Glad I did the epoxy floors and had them professionally done. They came in with a beadblaster deal that cleaned and etched the surface before they started the coating process. It should last very well now and looks pretty good.

The whole shop will be air conditioned and lit up like crazy. I have already purchased the air conditioners and working on solar power deal after shop is complete.

I just retired so this is what I am going to do, hang out in the shop and work on cars and go racing.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4025 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Wow. Beautiful!

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Get the dog(s),cameras, big guns and back hoe. Unless you like my idea of stacking the bodies like firewood to scare off next guy.

Ok if you are more mild mannered the dogs and cameras. Bad thing is now days if you full face shot the thieves get nothing if dog bites SOB you get sued.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Here is a few of my friends shop he finished in Dec 2020. It was an old Combine barn he got on the cheap. Dirt floors and all. With the total renovation he came in at 145K. Nice floors also.
He and his partner split with the TAD. The little red one there he built himself completely. Has about 250K in that road car. The barn is about 60x80 i believe. I have to get over there and see it. That ceiling fan he has in there is MASSIVE. I just noticed he has that low profile Rotary in there. He just retired last year at 75. He has been blessed with good health. Still going strong.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD3550,

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I am impressed.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 4025 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Impressive shops!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6409 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Can not wait to get it finished. Everything has gone up so much it is crazy. Sure hurt my budget.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Curly did you find a dog yet? Smile

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
Curly did you find a dog yet? Smile

No Sir, I am still living in a nearby hotel until house is finished. After I get moved in supposedly July 4th I will start looking for a Doberman.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
One thing I do not like is I am probably going to get a cat simply because of all the mice out here in the Country. I do not like Cats at all but I hate Mice worse. Lol.

Ah the problems in living out in the Country......

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Both beautiful shops but I would add if I was building one to this level would not have a above ground two post lift would be new style in ground two post so when it’s down there’s no posts to work around

Posts: 388 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
My friend Jim before this high $$ adventure with the shop was going to do an in ground. Come to find out the property has a high water table.
If he didn't like the new location of the above ground. He can always move it easily. The building is big enough.

My shop is not really big. 30x60. I managed to come across a trans shop bankruptcy that just had
5 new above ground Nussbaum lifts installed and removed. Put in storage. I managed to get 2 of the 8K and 1 of the 12K for almost nothing. they wanted them out of storage ASAP. I flipped the 2 smaller ones and kept the 12K. Ford dually right up.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD3550,

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
I had the pleasure of working in a shop with an in ground lift.. When it developed a leak it was a serious mess to dig up and repair.. Think I would go with a 4 post as you can actually move them around out of the way on casters.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Covey:
I had the pleasure of working in a shop with an in ground lift.. When it developed a leak it was a serious mess to dig up and repair.. Think I would go with a 4 post as you can actually move them around out of the way on casters.

Dave

I am going with the 4 post mainly to save floor space. The 67 Corvette and 67 Camaro will be stored on it.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"