DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Talk about pre-race, racing & post-race; good or bad.
Page 1 ... 35 36 37 38
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Talk about pre-race, racing & post-race; good or bad.
 Login/Join
 
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
BKing ,
yeah its pretty exxy . Certainly means planning . I use a 1 tonne diesel ute/open trailer . That does about 20mpg , so around 600klm per tank towing .
Saturday morning
https://www.youtube.com/live/h...?si=tpv-mlDeUYU0Cj7P
Saturday arvo
https://www.youtube.com/live/w...?si=ijN-Ih7MNkAuy4kU
Saturday evening
https://www.youtube.com/live/l...?si=Uu1JSd3ZV3-q4ejU
Schedule
https://nationaldragracing.com...2026-Schedule-V7.pdf
My class is out first @ 8.00 AM and last @ 9.30ishPM

Tex
 
Posts: 138 | Location: Oz | Registered: March 16, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Tex,

I wish my dually would get your 20 mpg! I get 8-9 average mpg but my 3-axle enclosed bathroom package trailer weighs somewhere north of 13,000 lbs. loaded. That's one of the reasons I put in a 100 gal. auxiliary fuel tank.

I was only able to see or find 2 of your runs. I think I saw your 1st time hit & 1st round of eliminations.

2BKING Smile

Relaxing


1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3100 lbs.
Pump Gas 436
 
Posts: 4038 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
BKing ,
it was a crazy sort of weekend .
Due to weather forcast they compressed full event from 2 to 1 dy . In doing that sportsman got only 1 qualifier , pros none .
Saturday was damned hot went over 3400da , real high here .
Qualifying was started @ 8am , da was 1800 I went 10.38 for #3 of 19 .
I actually used the PBR as the Hoosier hadnt been run and only 1 qualifier .
E1 was mid afternoon da @ 3300 . Mid 30sC .
Stage up , bump in . BOTH top yellow bulbs pop on , both sides . Am I seeing things ? Start my count . Hey what , wheres the 2nd yellow ?! Leave chase down opponent brake . Double break out loss . SSSSSSheeet . Back in pits guy 2 before asks did you see like a 1 second gap to 2nd yellow ? Sure did . What was your light , his 200 mine 194 . Guy in pair behind same problem and 230 light . WHAT ? Off to officials to ask , no great hopes with tight schedule . Half way there all our class called up for meeting , round to be rerun . Seems someone in tower pressed cross talk tree . We are no box and cross talk is never used here anyway .A few relieved racers and some unhappy ones . Rerun after Pros its now dark and high 2000s da.
Opponent goes red I run it out for a 10.43 , bit slow .
Semi hot lap for E2 .
Southerly change blows in at this stage . Windy as .Straight headwind
1800 da ? So pull dial a little . Get the tree and take the win .
Back in lanes for 1/4 its about 9pm . Pros are done .
Top sportsman car ping pongs in braking area as we get to tower . After clean up Aus IHRA calls track too cold/unsafe . Bugger .
No rain so far , and track is booked still for Sunday . NDRC and track agree lets run the 1/4s and rest of sportsman finals tomorrow if weather permits . 8.00 am start . Temps are now dropping like a stone .
Sunday in the lanes @ 8.00am . Wind has died down . DA is now 450 .
Numbers say best expectation is 10.33 . So I put a 35 on to cover . Leave the line feels ok tree start chasing a a 10.57 . Dont get up on him till 1200 or so . On the brakes going past . No win .I tightened it up and thought I gave it back , I should have . Double break out loss . Took stripe by 0.014 to lose by 0.006 .
That hurts my season . Up side is all other racers above me in points bar one went out before me other went out same round . Winner , ru will make no change as they were in onltheir 2nd event and had minimal points . So the top tightens .
Tried to get a couple passes on Hoosiers in T&T but only got one where they turned .
5 minutes after last final it rained .
So off to Victoria Motorplex in 2 weeks . Will have to get these Hoosiers run in .

Tex
 
Posts: 138 | Location: Oz | Registered: March 16, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Tex,

Sounds like it was crazy!

Speaking of crosstalk, it's used in S/Pro (box class) & I ran this year with no-box in S/Pro. Anyway, I forgot to put a N after my dial & I got the 1st bulb hang when I ran a slower car. It caught me off guard, but it still worked for me leaving off the bottom bulb. Anyway, I liked it so much I started not using the N after my dial & using crosstalk for the slower cars.

2BKING Smile

Relaxing


1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3100 lbs.
Pump Gas 436
 
Posts: 4038 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Well, this next race is outside our wheelhouse for the most part; heads-up racing on the street. The street is the great equalizer between race vehicles with good power & vehicles with lesser amounts of power. This race is the first one where I'm going in with a good amount of power. 2008 was the last time I raced on the street. I won the race & a good many races in the years before but was the underdog for power. Hence, the reason the street is the equalizer.

I have prepared for this street race the last couple months of bracket & index racing. AI has helped me organize my data learned & a plan for testing at the race, qualifying & elimination rounds. I'm not going to bore you with all the details.

Here's the plan for the 1st test pass on the street: The 1st run is hopefully set-up to make an A to B pass. Little to no wheel spin & straight down the street with no drama. The tune-up is one of our bracket tunes with more boost. The launch retard was developed racing at the Winnemucca, NV. outlaw track & Vegas the last races with 140* track temps. Here's the launch retard:

Transbrake release −2°
.27 −8°
.53 −7°
.80 −3°
1.07 −1°
1.33 0°

The 1st 3 timing pulls is the critical area for the curve to work. We're at 4 lbs. of boost on the low side chip. The converter flashes to 11 lbs. of boost & the .27 & .53 times is the most critical area to control.

I hope the above gives me a good baseline 1st test pass. Then move on to bringing in more power quicker & sooner. Then start adding timing in the base map for more power after the 60'.

2BKING Smile

Relaxing


1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3100 lbs.
Pump Gas 436
 
Posts: 4038 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Been a long non racing summer for me, but we got to load up the grandkids and head out Saturday.
Less than spectacular driving by me resulted in zero round wins, but I made it through the day.
We got the rig home safe and kids had a good time, so that's a win. Looking forward to getting out at least a couple of more times before the season ends.


"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375
 
Posts: 4498 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Goob ,, Did you go to Bunker ?
 
Posts: 252 | Location: Larwill,In | Registered: September 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Cmar:
Goob ,, Did you go to Bunker ?


Muncie. Probably try to hit a couple more coming up there.


"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375
 
Posts: 4498 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of BTR69
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
Been a long non racing summer for me, but we got to load up the grandkids and head out Saturday.
Less than spectacular driving by me resulted in zero round wins, but I made it through the day.
We got the rig home safe and kids had a good time, so that's a win. Looking forward to getting out at least a couple of more times before the season ends.


Glad you got out to race. I'm very familiar with the zero round win thing. Hasn't bothered me yet, aside from the mistakes I make causing those losses, and even then, it's just telling myself "you suck", then laughing at myself, LOL. I'm just really happy to be back out racing again. I know eventually winning rounds will become a much higher priority, I just hope I never lose the stoke of driving this car, even when losing a round/race. Good luck out there Goob...


William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100
 
Posts: 455 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: June 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 35 36 37 38 
 

DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Talk about pre-race, racing & post-race; good or bad.

© DragRaceResults.com 2026