DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Chevy truck tech question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chevy truck tech question
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Minor but enoying as hell thing. Automatic door locks. I have 2-16 silverado 2500. Wondering if anyway to to deactivate automatic door locks.While at it if anyway to make heads only come on when switched that would great too. Even if requires new switch for lights or rewiring for either I am good with it.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Do you have an owners manual?

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I don't know about the lights but I think you can change the door lock sequence in the settings on the DIY display on the dash.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Haven’t got a clue on the locks. If the lights are like the switch in my Acadia, there is an automatic setting and a manual setting. Look to see. It may be as simple as moving the switch away from the automatic setting.

Posts: 495 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
None of my Chevy trucks are that new, and it has changed.

This work?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlpSl9l3Hlw

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6409 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
My '11 Silverado ZL1 has it in the DIC. It's easy. Mine lock at 10 mph and unlock when I turn off the key.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Hell I want my to lock when I push button and not until. Probably asking to much.Saleman told me it was for my protection, exactly what I need someone else looking out for me. Its not for my protection is for unlucky SOB who tries to get in in door number1. Number one has 45 auto behind it and should have choose door number 2, let's make a deal.

Yea little rant. I am sick and tired of this got to protect everyone from something because Americans are too stupid to do so themselves. Besides god has a plan for weeding out idiots let it work would you.LOL

Thanks guy I will try to find in manual,no luck in setting on display.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If you'd have gotten a Ford, you don't have to worry about it. They unlock when you pull on the interior door handle. I've had several GM trucks and a couple SUV's and all of them are locked, you can't unlock them with the interior door handle so it gets to be an inconvenience at times. Drives me nuts! Back in a F250 now and it's been fine.

Posts: 106 | Location: Il,IL | Registered: March 22, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FastLane
posted Hide Post
Actually you can unlock with the handle. Pull twice.

And you can turn it off in the dash setting. What model truck? LS or LT?

Posts: 395 | Location: Parked... | Registered: May 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FastLane:
Actually you can unlock with the handle. Pull twice.

And you can turn it off in the dash setting. What model truck? LS or LT?

This. In the owners manual (I know, I know we only read it as a last resort when all else fails) tells you how to set it up on the door locks. Can be completely manual, or like mine when I take it out of park or when vehicle reaches a certain speed.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4019 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M802138:
If you'd have gotten a Ford, you don't have to worry about it. They unlock when you pull on the interior door handle. I've had several GM trucks and a couple SUV's and all of them are locked, you can't unlock them with the interior door handle so it gets to be an inconvenience at times. Drives me nuts! Back in a F250 now and it's been fine.

If had bought a ford they woud never lock.You have to get in and turn switch so never a issue. Hey that would fix it.LOL

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
It is LT to much of broke dyke to buy the high priced stuff.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
PS do noty get shevy dealer to screw it up for you. Now when stop my door unlocks buyt everything else is locked. Now it does same thing I have cussed my dodge for doing for 16 years.