DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Buckle Up Folks, The 2024 Show Is About To Begin
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buckle Up Folks, The 2024 Show Is About To Begin
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted
Next weekend the 2024 Drag Race season begins and with it a bunch of new faces. I expect to hear about record speeds and ET's right from the start beginning in Florida and at the Las Vegas LODRS.

When you look at the new crop of Professional Foreign drivers it's apparent that the US is the place to race. If you are not involved in NHRA Racing I hope you have a successful year of racing on any platform. The trick is to have fun while staying in your financial lane.

Good luck and stay safe!

Bob

Posts: 3083 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Whats next weekend? I know baby Gators is the weekend after next and then Gators,will be at both.

agree trick is to stay in the financial lane,a trick I have never learned apparently. Cross the centerline every time on that one. Hell, I ride in the ohter lane from starting line to turn off.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4190 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ihis is Bracket Talk! Galot is having a bracket race next weekend as are many other tracks. NHRA, what is that?

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
The first divisional was completed yesterday in Orlando.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3160 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I have always said...if you spend an amount you are uncomfortable with in bracket racing, you have nobody but yourself to blame.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Don Anderson, does racing season end in North Carolina? Coastal Plains raced last week, Shadyside is racing this weekend and as you said GALOT is racing next weekend. If Kinston gets Winterfest in, you don't even get January off.

Posts: 521 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Ihis is Bracket Talk! Galot is having a bracket race next weekend as are many other tracks. NHRA, what is that?

Actually it’s General Discussion Fern Big Grin but ok.
Lots of guys here run NHRA, I don’t see it as an issue? HMMMM
And yes it’s mostly bracket racing even in NHRA…

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BP758,

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4498 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BP758:
quote:

Actually it’s General Discussion Fern Big Grin but ok.
Lots of guys here run NHRA, I don’t see it as an issue? HMMMM

I might guess than even national events have just as many bracket cars as pros. TD,TS, SG, SP, SS, SC are all basically bracket classes.

I can't run NHRA stuff due to my work schedule. But they seem well attended. I have a good retired friend locally who hits a lot of nhra events with his 10.90 car

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Not good money there anyway Bri !

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4498 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I’m still blown away that we are running a N/A 636 at 2270#, dialing mid 6.70’s bracket racing!

Raceless in California!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Phil winterfest got cancelled, so much for that. But even so we are pretty lucky here and with the new ownership and management at Rockingham it looks real promising. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Phil winterfest got cancelled, so much for that. But even so we are pretty lucky here and with the new ownership and management at Rockingham it looks real promising. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.

You didn’t Fern. No big deal.

Raceless in California!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’m still blown away that we are running a N/A 636 at 2270#, dialing mid 6.70’s bracket racing!

What would folks have thought if you said that 15 years ago. Nuts!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:

What would folks have thought if you said that 15 years ago. Nuts!

1978 I was running 8.80’s in a FED Econo car.
Jeff and I talk about this all the time! Amazing! And cool!

Raceless in California!