New
Find
Notify
Tools

The FOAT
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Who uses The FOAT ticketing to enter/pay for a race event?

Our home track doesn't seem to be associated with them yet. I raced at Irwindale in May & they stated I could use the FOAT or pay at the gate. Tucson Dragway appears to promote them also for pre-entry. I'm not so sure if I like the process with an additional service fee.

https://tickets.thefoat.com/

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2569 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Nim Rod
posted Hide Post
I've used it once for pre entry and I didn't like it either. The event promoter was very adamant about the use and said that gate entry wouldn't be accepted for tech cards. Then I showed up with proof of purchase and the guys at the gate were like "dude you could've just bought it here"

wtf

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nim Rod,

------------------------------------
Not Hot Rod, not Super Rod, not Quick Rod, but the one and only NimRod

Posts: 215 | Location: The Weeds | Registered: August 10, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
Topeka has used it for a couple years. I guess I don't recall any difference between that or any other process for online entry.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3164 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Sorry paid at the gate or use Foat, your still saving cash by going online to pre-enter . Promoter also said it saves time at the gate. The track not the promoter charges 4% if you use credit card at the gate. I always use cash! Hope this helps! Nick

Didn't think of that

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I never heard of FOAT. I race all over the East and have never had my check refused and if they did I don't think they would turn away cash.

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
Who uses The FOAT ticketing to enter/pay for a race event?

Our home track doesn't seem to be associated with them yet. I raced at Irwindale in May & they stated I could use the FOAT or pay at the gate. Tucson Dragway appears to promote them also for pre-entry. I'm not so sure if I like the process with an additional service fee.

https://tickets.thefoat.com/

2BKING
Relaxing

Foat charges more for entry than paying at the gate?
I'm a cash kind of guy....and I've been having a little run of bad luck this year....I may not make it all the way to Tucson....Would hate to lose a pre-entry....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4475 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Early Pre-entry through the FOAT is still cheaper than the gate entry. I'll wait until it gets closer to the deadline for pre-entry.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2569 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
All I can say about this is that Jim Hughes and Tucson Dragway is a great operation. In any endeavor there’s room for improvement. I’m not here for any reason but to explain questions about what I might know. Sorry if you guys would rather not race over this but you’ll be missing a good time.

HMMMM

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I think you misconstrued our conversation. I'm planning to pre-enter using the FOAT & imakehp is planning to pay cash if he's lucky to make it.

As for Fern, Lenny or Nim. We could do a hat draw for me paying one of their entries into the race with cash. Wink

2BKING loves to race!
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think you misconstrued our conversation.
Relaxing

Yeah I tend to jump off in the deep end all the time. Sorry that I did it again. haha

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I have no issues with Tucson, FOAT, or the New Year's Race....I was just asking questions and adding a little personal info about my recent racing state of life...

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4475 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure they charge a service fee to use foat. Dont like it

ep

Posts: 766 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
quote:
I think you misconstrued our conversation.
Relaxing

Yeah I tend to jump off in the deep end all the time. Sorry that I did it again. haha

No problem!

Hoping my junk works good enough at Thanksgiving to give me enough incentive to haul down to Tucson.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Trophy
Picture of Nim Rod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
Pretty sure they charge a service fee to use foat. Dont like it

ep

that was my experience. I want to pay in cash and be paid in cash.

------------------------------------
Not Hot Rod, not Super Rod, not Quick Rod, but the one and only NimRod

Posts: 215 | Location: The Weeds | Registered: August 10, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post