DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    IHRA ROD RACING IS BACK
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IHRA ROD RACING IS BACK
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Nim Rod
posted
EVERYBODY SHUT THE F*CK UP! MOTHER F*CKING ROD RACING IS BACK ON THE EAST COAST! THOSE SOBs AT IHRA FINALLY DID IT!

IHRA has announced the beginning of a new series deemed the Hot Rod Classic including Hot Rod, Super Rod, Quick Rod, Top Sportsman, Top Dragster, Top/Mod/Jrs, and a Real Steel N/T class. The first race at Darlington Dragway will also feature a Quick 8 Pro Mod race on Saturday Night. May 2-4 2024!

------------------------------------
Not Hot Rod, not Super Rod, not Quick Rod, but the one and only NimRod

Posts: 215 | Location: The Weeds | Registered: August 10, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Are you gonna save me a parking spot nims

ep

Posts: 765 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I'm all in a tither!

https://www.ihra.com/superseri...ihra-hot-rod-classic

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2558 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Nim Rod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
Are you gonna save me a parking spot nims

ep

You bringing a grill?

Posts: 215 | Location: The Weeds | Registered: August 10, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
have grill will travel.

i will work the grill and check your tires and watch the beat down take place.

ep

Posts: 765 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Nim Rod
posted Hide Post
Get you're notebook paper and popcorn. *ss whipping lessons to come shortly

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wild Wild West 2
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear that they are going to at least try to bring most of the old IHRA classes back. I am interested to see what the entry fees and payouts will be for each class.

Tim West
"Wild Wild West" Racing

mickeythompsontires.com
tciauto.com
compcams.com
www.motorsportsinnovations.com

Posts: 309 | Location: Spartanburg,SC | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Our local all concrete palace XRP getting the first race scheduled, rules and payouts to come

Posts: 2433 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
Our local all concrete palace XRP getting the first race scheduled, rules and payouts to come

quote:
Originally posted by Nim Rod:

There you go Nimbo, at your local track!

We will get our popcorn & be on the edge of our seats waiting.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2558 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Nim Rod
posted Hide Post
bring that shytbox Camaro and pick a class, you ain't got nothing for me!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:

quote:

There you go Nimbo, at your local track!

We will get our popcorn & be on the edge of our seats waiting.

2BKING
Relaxing

Bryan, Ed's never going to tow down to Texas to race. It's too close to the west coast.

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4471 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
bring that shytbox Camaro and pick a class, you ain't got nothing for me!

Nimbo done got triggered! Wink

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Trophy
Picture of Nim Rod
posted Hide Post
Time to bring this back. Darlington Hot Rod Classic is this weekend. If it doesn't rain, Who's going to be joining me down there?

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I've tested/raced at Darlington many moons ago.

I got to see my 1st DONK race there, it was F...ing hilarious!

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Trophy
Picture of Nim Rod
posted Hide Post
What do we think the crowd will be stronger in? Could bring my dragster and run Quick rod or my door car in one of the slower indexes. Is there a weight min in Hot Rod like there is for SST?

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
It doesn't seem like you're very prepared to race the Hot Rod Classic this weekend!

IHRA has an online rulebook, I would start there for a minimum weight requirement. As for racing Quick Rod or a slower index with your door car. Put on your big boy pants & make a decision. Wink

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Trophy
Picture of Nim Rod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
It doesn't seem like you're very prepared to race the Hot Rod Classic this weekend!

IHRA has an online rulebook, I would start there for a minimum weight requirement. As for racing Quick Rod or a slower index with your door car. Put on your big boy pants & make a decision. Wink

2BKING
Relaxing

Nah, I'll run whatever feels good. I wanted to enter whichever needed car count.