Find
Notify
Tools

Courtney Force
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
also do not have a problem with anyone helping their children.

It would take an awfully cold hearted parent not to want to give your children every advantage possible.

quote:
And, pffft, I quit.

This is the main factor the bleeding hearts miss crying about equal pay for women. Equal work/results equal pay. It's the nature of the beast that women will have children and the concessions that come with that. While families don't care corporations don't want to groom a woman that is going to quit to have children. In John Forces case the marketing value of a female has paid for itself many times over without consideration for longevity.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by consistent spin:
Coaxed, coddled, and coached to the top. And, pffft, I quit. I really don't want to do this anymore. I have no passion.....lol

There is a difference between passion and priorities. Women have a window of opportunity to become parents. Miss it, and it's gone. And one of the most significant and important jobs any of us will have is being a good parent.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:
So bottom line, you guys feel those b!tches didn't suffer enough coming up through the ranks, so they don't deserve to be where they are in the sport today?

They didn't suffer AT ALL. They were lucky enough to be born into a nouveau riche family and deserve all that entails.

Entitlement is pretty relative isn't it. If you grow up in a bracket racing family, and you end up in a bracket car, I guess you are born into a nouveau riche family to most of America and particularly to the rest of the world population. How poor should a drag racer start out anyhow?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Wonder how many on here remember when John Force was driving a logging truck to make a living? That boy started with nothing.

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
What are we going to do with all these spoiled no talent kids with their rich Daddy giving them a JR Dragster...Those kids should earn their own way in racing and and quit riding on Big Daddy's checkbook...

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hotrod Corvette:
What are we going to do with all these spoiled no talent kids with their rich Daddy giving them a JR Dragster...Those kids should earn their own way in racing and and quit riding on Big Daddy's checkbook...

Oh yes. Some here are right there with that thought. Nevermind that my son detasseled corn to buy his half of his jr. Or that he does most of the work to his car and a good part of the work on mine himself. Entitled I guess. I supposed I'm an enabler.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
This is funny..... great discussion must be winter...LOL

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post