New
Find
Notify
Tools

RT 66 Opening?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I see the revised 2020 Div 3 schedule has Chicago on it in Aug?

Posts: 608 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
I don't see it happening at all.NASCAR track next door closed also. I inquired also. Track ownership won't even respond to email from .....

Not on the list here either. We will see what happens after the first of the year. GUESS..

https://www.dragzine.com/news/...rld-series-schedule/

Cost about $22 ML to build. Spent a lot of years there racing. Looks to be RT41 in Indiana has invested a ton of $$$ into their facility. IHRA

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD3550,

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2433 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
the nicest facility I have ever raced at

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
the nicest facility I have ever raced at

^^^^^ X2

Posts: 2467 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Hmmm that's news. Posted this morning. The convenient
thing is that we could just go to the NASCAR garage next door and have all the certs done In and out...
I know it will be a challenge for the track to come back. Most have gone to RT41 and the Grove.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
For one race...no series or bracket program. Great for the Chi Town urban folks to go see nitro once in 2022. That track never acted like they wanted to run a bracket/points program there anyhow.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6410 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
That track never acted like they wanted to run a bracket/points program there anyhow.

Of course they don’t with that facility, they would lose a lot $ every points days in operating expenses.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I raced there many times for the bracket program.They never had buybacks and I doubt they could make any money off a regular bracket program with today's expenses.
Looking forward to the NHRA Divisional in August.I hope the turnout in all categories is great.One of the premier facilities in the country.If you've never been,try to make it.Might be the last race ever,who knows?
Hopefully the traction is good (It always was excellent),but no cars have been down the track since 2019.
Any Illinois Covid Lockdowns should be over by August 2022.HOPEFULLY.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post