Notify
Tools

Motormania TV
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted
Mark

First of all, many thanks to you for what you guys do for the sport. I've been a great spectator (but most of the time listener) all over the world for the last few years. I realize that you guys made the change to YouTube this year, and that is the source of my question.

When I am on the road, I don't mind spending endless hours in the hotel watching the action (although I am mostly just listening). However, when at home, I am usually following the broadcast while doing things around the house. One of my normal routines (even though being at home doesn't seem normal) is to listen while on the mower or tractor. Using YouTube, you cant do that easily... meaning you cant click off of the app and / or turn the screen off while still listening to it. I figured out a temporary workaround two weeks back, but it involves a $12/ month subscription to YouTube Red.

I'm curious if you guys have a work around for this, or offer an audio streaming only service. If not, are there any plans for it? Id be willing to donate some money if it helps the cause.

Please note - not a complaint, as I appreciate what you guys offer. Just looking for some improvements to how I can make it work better for me, as the LiveStream service worked well for my use.

Thanks

Mikey

Posts: 1708 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Walter
posted Hide Post
I'm a little confused, how were you listening to it before without the app or MMTV website open?

Mark Walter, Senior Chaplain
JAMA Racing Ministry

"A wise person is hungry for truth, while the fool feeds on trash." Proverbs 15:14
"Laus Deo!"

Posts: 299 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Walter:
I'm a little confused, how were you listening to it before without the app or MMTV website open?

I haven’t been able to this year. When you guys used LiveStream it was possible. Meaning the LiveStream app would allow you to start playing the live broadcast, and then you could have the app running in the background after you initially started it. It would also allow you to put your phone to sleep (really just turn the screen off) and stick it in your pocket while the audio from LiveStream was still playing.

The standard Youtube app requires that the app be running and open the whole time. It doesn’t allow you to play the broadcast in the background or with the screen off.

Mikey

Posts: 1708 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Walter
posted Hide Post
Interesting, I've tried turning off the screen on my Samsung G8 on Livestream, it stops the stream.

What phone are you using and how do you shut the screen off and still have the stream playing?

JAMA Racing Ministry

"A wise person is hungry for truth, while the fool feeds on trash." Proverbs 15:14
"Laus Deo!"

Posts: 299 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
I was using an iPhone, running the LiveStream App.

Mikey

DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
Also since changing I can’t go full screen on my iPad. Maybe it’s something I’m not doing right but plugging iPad to the tv and seeing all the junk I’m not liking. Is there a way around this ?

Posts: 235 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Walter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by head gamez:

Might be unique to the iPhone...can you still do it with other Livestream feeds?

JAMA Racing Ministry

"Laus Deo!"

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Walter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C Hodge:
Also since changing I can’t go full screen on my iPad. Maybe it’s something I’m not doing right but plugging iPad to the tv and seeing all the junk I’m not liking. Is there a way around this ?

Are you using the YouTube app?

JAMA Racing Ministry

"Laus Deo!"

DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by head gamez:

Might be unique to the iPhone...can you still do it with other Livestream feeds?

Yes. I just checked it to make sure I wasn’t crazy.

To be clear, I don’t have any complaints with Motormania and I realize that you guys have to use the platform that makes the most sense for you. I’ll continue to listen and watch via YouTube.

Mikey

DRR Sportsman
Picture of RB72Duster
posted Hide Post
I love watching Motormania, but, if I had any complaint, it would be the pic in pic during re-entry. For some reason that drives me crazy. I'm ok with it during time trials but re-entry is the first true elimination round of the race. I've started watching the race a day later so I can fast forward through re-entry and dragsters. If it weren't for pic in pic, I'd watch re-entry too. Other than that, you do a great job. Now if the tracks would just make sure all of the bulbs work on the back of the tree, but that's not a Motormania issue, that should be basic track maintenance.

Posts: 152 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Walter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes. I just checked it to make sure I wasn’t crazy.

To be clear, I don’t have any complaints with Motormania and I realize that you guys have to use the platform that makes the most sense for you. I’ll continue to listen and watch via YouTube.

OK, I've tried to make it work on my android phone on the Livestream app and it doesn't. Have you tried watching or listening to it on the MMTV website? It doesn't make any difference for me either, but curious if it does for you. BTW, what iPhone do you have?

JAMA Racing Ministry

"Laus Deo!"

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Walter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 06vistabluegt:
I love watching Motormania, but, if I had any complaint, it would be the pic in pic during re-entry. For some reason that drives me crazy. I'm ok with it during time trials but re-entry is the first true elimination round of the race. I've started watching the race a day later so I can fast forward through re-entry and dragsters. If it weren't for pic in pic, I'd watch re-entry too. Other than that, you do a great job. Now if the tracks would just make sure all of the bulbs work on the back of the tree, but that's not a Motormania issue, that should be basic track maintenance.

The crews face 12-14 hour days, we stopped following BB/renetry last year. It allows the crews a break so they can eat, rest and get ready for the rest of the day.

JAMA Racing Ministry

"Laus Deo!"

DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
Mark I’m not using the app. Do I need to be using it to watch full screen

Posts: 235 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Walter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C Hodge:
Mark I’m not using the app. Do I need to be using it to watch full screen

All I've ever used on my iPad is the app. I just tried to go full screen on the MMTV website on the browser, it said your browser does not support it.

JAMA Racing Ministry

"Laus Deo!"

DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
That’s what mine says also

DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
Downloaded the app and it works in full screen. Thanks mark

DRR Sportsman
Picture of RB72Duster
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 06vistabluegt:

The crews face 12-14 hour days, we stopped following BB/renetry last year. It allows the crews a break so they can eat, rest and get ready for the rest of the day.

I figured it was that. I'm probably the only one that it bothers so no big deal. The only thing I don't like about it is the bad finish line angle. You can't see who crossed first or by how much. I know this isn't possible but an angle from the shut down looking back to the starting line so you can see the race from start to finish would be awesome.That would probably require a boom which is logistically impossible. For a free service, you do a great job.

Posts: 152 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67SS
posted Hide Post
While we have Mark's attention I have a question too. Like previously stated, not a complaint because you guys do a great job, and maybe it is just my TV and sound system setup causing this issue. Is there any way you can lower the volume of the cars as they come by the camera? If I turn up the volume to hear the announcer good, the cars blow out my eardrums when they come by the camera.

Chad Harris

Posts: 1263 | Location: Vinton, Virginia | Registered: May 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Seriously

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67SS
posted Hide Post
Good talk Roll Eyes

Chad Harris

Posts: 1263 | Location: Vinton, Virginia | Registered: May 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post