DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    RV house batteries??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RV house batteries??
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
My 4-6 year old 12 volt batteries are now showing signs of not holding a charge as long as they used too. When we all can finally get out and race I want to replace them with 4- 6 volt golf cart in a series. We have a 2000 watt inverter. What batteries are being used with good results at the track. Heard that the Trojan T-105's are a good choice any others?

Posts: 146 | Location: california | Registered: November 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
Put some 16v in there. TV will be brighter and the little sprayer on the toilet will really get you clean!

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3161 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
We use Trojan or Deka.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
i just replaced all 6 batteries in mine...got the 6volts from napa.not cheap but nice quality and interstate on the 2 main batteries

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
Deka AGM batteries are what I use.

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Quick Dawg
posted Hide Post
Interstate makes a very nice 6V RV battery. I have used them for a few years now and know lots of people that store their RV's where I do and we feel they are way better than Trojan's. Not to mention they have a big network of dealers so getting a replacement while on the road isn't difficult.

Posts: 166 | Location: Salt Lake City | Registered: January 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for the info. Bob

Posts: 146 | Location: california | Registered: November 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Have had Trojan, Interstate and Costco ones in mine over the years.

They have all held up around the same amount of time, around 5 to 6 years.

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hopefully you'll make a series-parallel configuration! Your inverter isn't going to like 24v. Just sayin...

Posts: 186 | Location: Rock><Hard Place | Registered: February 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
bry-war my MH has the original set up with 4-12 volt deep cycle in parallel. What do I need if I use 6 volt with 2000 inverter. More batteries? Thanks for the help

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
You will want to wire 2 of the 6 volt batteries in series, then wire the other 2 6 volt batteries in another series string. You will then have 2 12 volt battery strings that you will want to wire in parallel.

Here is a battery charging tip. Hook the positive wire from the charger to one of the positive terminals on one string and the negative wire from the charger to the negative terminal of the battery on the other string.

Placing the charging wires at opposite ends of the two strings helps equalize the charge through all of the batteries.

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
thank you thank you. I understand the series/parallel set up. I googled the diagram and see what you mean. I was going to hook up in "series". Glad I asked. Thanks again

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Also keep in mind that if you need to connect anything whether it be a load or a charger that those terminals used for the two series connections are off limits. Well, unless you are looking for 6v. As stated above, the best plan is to only charge the whole setup at once but keep this in mind if you ever have to any messing around. The battery tray in my last coach was a PIA to slide so I always wore a headlight so I could read the labels. prolly TMI but good luck.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bry-war,

Posts: 186 | Location: Rock><Hard Place | Registered: February 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post