New
Find
Notify
Tools

WFC at Brystol
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
Anyone on here going to this? Parking starts 1 week from tomorrow. Best foot brake race in the country for 17 years running.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Fern, I'm not making it this year. Still waiting on parts for the engine for the '81, taking all of my budget. Did you see the changes to the schedule and purse with the huge preentry field?

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Will check today Chuck---I don't do Face Book. I don't think I ever knew what the purse or entry was and we are one of the sponsors. I'll call Jarred today. I know all about that engine stuff, going to Bristol with a new engine, trans, and converter. FUN!

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Looks pretty good to me--2 25kraces + a bunch more. Anyone thats not in this is crazy

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well, the place is rumored to have the largest pre-entry ever only Chuck has posted here. I suspect those foot brakers don't read or post here. Darn shame. As I said before I'll be heading that way Wend AM.....

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
For those coming be prepared as far as weather goes. Hard to predict around here but it is going to be HOT and HUMID for sure.

Posts: 1464 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Real HOT it looks like. Oh well, at least it is racing

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Good luck Fern, hi from me to everyone. I'm planning on being there next year.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
There was like 713 entries yesterday.

At what point do the promoters say "we just don't have time for buybacks in the interest of event completion"?

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:

At what point do the promoters say "we just don't have time for buybacks in the interest of event completion"?

At the point where the promoter makes less profit. Wink Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1234 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:

At the point where the promoter makes less profit. Wink Take care. Tom Worthington

I get that,but at 713 entries,the event would not be profitable without buybacks?

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I am here and it was 713 they announced. Weather has been a challenge but it’s remarkable how quick they dry the track. Had a 15k winner last night, rain got the 25k so today is for 50k and is moving right along. Threesome Auto in MD paid Snowden (can’t remember his first name) $500 cash for the best winning package, perfect run, and has another $500 up today for best losing package. Nice weather so far today. My car is printing tickets, driver is awful. Later

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Smart guys took a refund Sat nite and went home.

Posts: 1464 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Us die hards stayed. 11:15 has rained a bit. Later

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Looks like they have started drying already

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ready to go it looks like

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
I'd be mad AF to get 2 chances at $50K turned into 1 chance.

The first $25K race purse should have been split with the 1st round (or whatever round was completed) winners, not tossed into the next race.

Just my opinion.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1674 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
5pm just called 2nd round. I am done but it has been a really good time. Steve & Jared got delt a pretty bad hand. 502 first round today. If you are any kind of a foot brake racer you should make this race. Also thanks to Amie Coombs for keeping me fed all weekend. I’ll go home in the morning. Stay tuned. Are you here Goob?

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
5pm just called 2nd round. I am done but it has been a really good time. Steve & Jared got delt a pretty bad hand. 502 first round today. If you are any kind of a foot brake racer you should make this race. Also thanks to Amie Coombs for keeping me fed all weekend. I’ll go home in the morning. Stay tuned. Are you here Goob?

Sounds like you made the best of it & got taken good care of with food!

Some of us forget to have a good time at the track. I've been working on fun being the priority & winning a close 2nd. Seems like the fun is doing most of the winning! Big Grin

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2560 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
While I agree about the weather they had to deal with but living here it's the normal weather. Last week the regular bracket series had the same problems compounded with oil downs. Much like the bracket series they became too popular. There's a point where you overbook the event.