DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Licenses and Certifications
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Licenses and Certifications
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted
I brought this up with my local track but we'll see where it goes.

Will NHRA and IHRA provide a 1-Year extension of current licenses? I haven't used mine this year due to the pandemic issue.

What about certifications - will those be extended 1-Year? Seat Belt certification is probably the biggest one. I have new belts in the box that were going to be installed before the season started.

And before anyone mouth's off about it being a little bit of money - when you haven't had much work due to the current issues - it's a lot of money for a lot of people.

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
NHRA...No and No, we are racing, it’s your decision not to race. The NHRA will crown champions in all classes for this season.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
And before anyone mouth's off...

Hopefully you won't regard this as mouthing off, but the recert. and license are time based, not usage based. Hopefully they will concede but I don't expect they will. If they do, they're admitting time is an invalid unit of measure (which it is in my opinion). We'll see, good luck to you.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2337 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chasracer:

Will NHRA and IHRA provide a 1-Year extension of current licenses? I haven't used mine this year due to the pandemic issue.

What about certifications - will those be extended 1-Year? Seat Belt certification is probably the biggest one. I have new belts in the box that were going to be installed before the season started.

And before anyone mouth's off about it being a little bit of money - when you haven't had much work due to the current issues - it's a lot of money for a lot of people.

"Because of the pandemic issue" is pretty broad. If none of the tracks in your area are open, I think your argument would be valid. (NHRA will not agree). However, if you are not racing by choice, then the pandemic is no different than financial hardship, or new baby in the family or crashed your car at the first outing. Those are your problems, not the sanctioning bodies.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6416 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
The only thing I know that was extended was chassis cert for a while. I think it was 6 months but not 100% sure.

Posts: 634 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Chas.. great post and great idea. Sending this to DD here. As for 2020 NHRA there will be an
* asterisk next to 2020 year. This entire year has been a disaster. I hope we get back to some kind of normal???

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4524 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
there will be no *

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TonyB6255:
The only thing I know that was extended was chassis cert for a while. I think it was 6 months but not 100% sure.

Yes 6 month extension.

http://www.nhraracer.com/conte...eid=71819&zoneid=132

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:

If you have your receipt your best bet is contact the belt manufacture and see what the say. Maybe they would sew on a new tag for minimum cost. Most recerts are $50-$100 and that includes new webbing

I dont see NHRA giving anything away or extending chassis certs or licenses any longer than they already have. Main reason the extended the chassis cert Was all the techs were furloughed.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Maybe I'm looking at it all wrong. But why would we expect a safety equipment company to put their cert on a expired belt for minimum cost? Why would they put themselves in that position? Do they owe us something for the lack of use due to a pandemic? Why would nhra owe you an extension because you didn't race?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6416 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post