DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Meeting other DRR members
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meeting other DRR members
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
cash we willbe at the national,hope we can get together there

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1410 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
Got to meet and help Jenavet last year with his T/D. Cool guy, even though he lives soooo close to Canada. Ok, his Canadian buddies are also cool guys too. Smile

Have met a few others from here. Found some that aren't really members here, but read the threads, just don't post.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Had a great time hanging out this weekend in Ohio with some from this board:

Eric Mac
Howie Smith
Doug Linden
Joe Gary
Marco Abruzzi
Cameron Manual
The McCarty 's
Travis C with American Race Cars
Chris Reynolds
Chris Wilson
Mr Lemon and his Family

I am sure I forgot some but the hospitality was AWESOME!

Congrats to all the winners!

Posts: 1752 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Torqin I got to see your brother at the AllStar dinner. Bucky it would of been nice to meet you. We ended up leaving on Saturday after loosing to Lynn(The Pirate) 2nd round of the AllStars. Almost back to Oregon already,just stopped for the night.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Always good to meet the members..... Me and Mr.Torqin definitely shared a few laughs, great racing with you guys......

Posts: 72 | Location: SYRACUSE,NEW YORK | Registered: October 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Moe, glad you got to meet my brother Bob...he is all right I guess...lol

Howie and I most definitely had a few laughs until his rear tire went flat in the lanes from a stuck valve stem after checking tire pressure.

Got to meet the one and only Barney B too! The Elrods too!

Posts: 1752 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Must be those damn mickey's.....lol

Posts: 72 | Location: SYRACUSE,NEW YORK | Registered: October 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
And a big shout out to Barney for hooking me up with some awesome LED trailer spot lights......Thanks again BB..

DRR Sportsman
Picture of victo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
Cash, I have met Paul in Florida some years back, nice guy! I have met many many others on here thru the years. They normally enter my pit saying something like: are you Ed 1320racer? Laughing very hard

Ole Ed is clearly on a time out...never the less, Most all racers are good people! We all tend to think so anyhow.
I
was just looking for the Fireball dispenser

2012 West Coast Pro Gas E/Gas Champion

Posts: 523 | Location: Novato | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
My wife and I had lunch with Scott Smith last week.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I've had the pleasure of meeting a number of DRR members at races around. A few have traveled in back when Mark, AJ, and I had our winter christmas tree race.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I met Chuck clapping

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
I've met Moe, "questionable", not really, but then again we are both longtime auto repair shop owners.......

Blue Man

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
I have met Fern and a number of other folks on this forum...mostly met them at divisional finals or big money events unless they were local like Nomad...

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
Had a great time hanging out this weekend in Ohio with some from this board:

Eric Mac
Howie Smith
Doug Linden
Joe Gary
Marco Abruzzi
Cameron Manual
The McCarty 's
Travis C with American Race Cars
Chris Reynolds
Chris Wilson
Mr Lemon and his Family

I am sure I forgot some but the hospitality was AWESOME!

Congrats to all the winners!

Great seeing you and Barney this weekend Chris!!!!

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Yep, seen Fuzzball from Va to FL. Good ol boy!!!!!

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fuzzy dice:
I have met Fern and a number of other folks on this forum...mostly met them at divisional finals or big money events unless they were local like Nomad...

Oh yeah Fuzzy. I met you, just not on the best of terms. I wasn't following the rules.

Sorry again buddy!

Posts: 64 | Location: south carolina | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
Was good to meet Torqin Chris and 1355pro Eric HSmith1039 and spend some time bench racin.
The funniest thing was no one was cussing anyone else out Laughing Hard

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
we met curtis reed this weekend,super nice guy

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1410 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
I've met a few over the years.
Funny story about one of the first I met....I'm at Beech Bend for the Fall race, back when they did a No Box race, anyway, I had been slightly abusive on here to a certain facility in Illinois, it's late and real dark and I roll up into the back of the lanes behind a Duster with Illinois plates, and this guy starts getting out, and keeps getting out for a loooong time, and heads my direction. I figured I was about to get stomped by one of that track's locals, but it was Dennis Schumer in SlantZilla. We had a pretty good laugh.

The Mason-Dixon Challenge, the B & M Series when Gaylon and AJ? were running it, Southern Super Tens up here in Indy one year, and of course the infamous Southern Tour with stops at Frankie's, the NHRA Div. 2 awards banquet, and Paul's place in Dothan.

Dang.....time flies.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1649 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post