New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Cheating Bunch
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
"I guess it’s just a racer’s mentality to; shall we say; push the rules a little bit. Maybe you could just say it’s often a case of interpretation."

https://dragracingedge.com/fea...ws/a-cheating-bunch/

Posts: 154 | Location: Beaver Springs, PA | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Like article says its not cheating if just pushing the rules some.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
We used to call it: "Creative Interpretation!" Smile

Posts: 415 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John DiBartolomeo:
"I guess it’s just a racer’s mentality to; shall we say; push the rules a little bit. Maybe you could just say it’s often a case of interpretation."

https://dragracingedge.com/fea...ws/a-cheating-bunch/

Nice read but none of the examples are cheating.

Cheating is the same as lying. A lot of people don't know what lying is. Lying, is knowing you're not telling the truth, but being untruthful anyway.

When a married person is caught cheating, as an example, they don't pretend they didn't know they weren't supposed to cheat, they deny it or admit it.

Cheats know they're cheating. Rapists know they are raping, murderers know they're murdering, liars know they are lying.

I didn't know, is never a defense of any of these types of people UNLESS, they have psychological problems, but that's a plead of insanity.

People know when they are deceiving, so it's only rational to conclude, deceiving is not a subjective matter, because deceiving requires the element of untruthful.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Some rules are poorly written and leave a lot of room for twisting them into something that looks like a pretzel.

Doesn't matter which side of the fence you are standing on, at times a rulebook can be either your best friend or your worst enemy.

In the end it all comes down to, if the rules don't say I can't, then I can.

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The point I'm making is, a guy with a 700 inch engine isn't gonna hang around for the Outlaw 632 tech inspector after cheating to win a Outlaw 532 race, to ask him where in the rulebook does it say I can't have a 700 inch engine, like Smokey Yunick would in regards to the size of his fuel line.

You can't compare the two. Smokey Yunick wasn't cheating. Common sense.

The only reason cheating is subjective in some peoples minds nowadays, and these comparisons are made, is because we're living in a era in which society at large, has completely forfeited its relationship with truth, and every act of idiocy pushes us one step closer to the brink.

When all real order takes is for everyone to speak the truth, even if it doesn't serve their interests.

I asked a friend today , if he thought reality would ever be restored. LoL

Cheats know when they're cheating. Liars know when they're being untruthful, rapists know when they're raping. Bank robbers know when they're robbing a bank.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post