DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Heating Bill Increase
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heating Bill Increase
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted
Two months ago SDG&E (San Diego Gas And Electric) charged us $2.36 per therm.

Last month they charged us $5.11 per therm, (an increase of 53%).

This month they increased it another 35% to $7.91 per therm.

So, over two months they increased the rate per therm more than 70%. Meanwhile the California Public Utilities Commission does nothing to stop them from robbing us.
Our next door neighbor's gas bill was more than his house payment $1450 (one month).

They will raise the rate until no one can afford the monthly bill, they will then lean our homes so Governor Newsome can give the house to his new friends and voting allies....Illegal Aliens.

Bob

Posts: 3083 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
^^^^Put this in another perspective. From two months ago they have raised your per them cost 235%. Soon they'll be outlawing your gas stove.

Posts: 2462 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Bob, my dad lives in Murrieta, 2000sqft house in a retirement development. He is 86 on basically a fixed income, his gas bill went from a normal $100 to over $400 in just a couple of months. he keeps the house at 67*

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
You Caliites are nothing more than Newsom lab rats. At some point, at some point, you are going to finally realize the party IS over, there is no redemption, you're going to have to move. What condition you will be in, what you'll have to take with you, is to be seen. It's not an easy position to be in but at some point you're going to have to realize the good old days are over, the world and your state has changed never to return. It's the old how to cook a frog gag... incrementalism.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
You Caliites are nothing more than Newsom lab rats. At some point, at some point, you are going to finally realize the party IS over, there is no redemption, you're going to have to move.

Posts: 2462 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Your state is ran by DEMOCRATIC mentality...sorry man, I would move to Texas...many of y'all already have!

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
What is your problem? Dictator Biden said in his State of the Union speech that Crime is down, Gas prices are down more than a dollar a gallon, Inflation is down and the National Deficit is down.

He also said that Illegal Immigration is down 97% from previous Administration.

He said he has since he took office our economy has turned around and jobs have grown by 12 MILLION new jobs.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4016 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
That mfer lied...again!

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
That mfer lied...again!

That's what lefties specialize in, lie, cry, deny. No amount of evidence can stop them. Smile

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
You Caliites are nothing more than Newsom lab rats. At some point, at some point, you are going to finally realize the party IS over, there is no redemption, you're going to have to move. What condition you will be in, what you'll have to take with you, is to be seen. It's not an easy position to be in but at some point you're going to have to realize the good old days are over, the world and your state has changed never to return. It's the old how to cook a frog gag... incrementalism.

You got that right.

California is the test lab.

Binary hell hole.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
You think you have it bad, with 3 daughters out of College and 3 loans to pay off, i`m getting hit with 1K a month in interest alone. Everything is going through the roof.

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
That mfer lied...again!

Only because his mouth opened. If that SOB told me **** stinks I would have to check it because it probably smells like roses.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4190 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
My natural gas bill here in southern Nevada has gone from $.98 last Jan to $1.43 per therm this Jan. Also power went up from $.12 per kwh last Jan to $.18 this Jan. Surprisingly, my water bill is down $1.30 per thousand in that same time period. With no water in the lake, I would have thought that utility would have been the one taking the largest jump.

Posts: 297 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
No one should be surprised by the state of the economy or anything else for that matter. Fasten your seat belts because it’s only going to get worse and we ain’t ever going back to the United States of the 80s no mind 2016-2020.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Retirement... That's a joke What retirement? Have to get a job just to pay the utilities Been there done that with the kids college. She would like to retire this year... Paid her dues. Doesn't look like it's going to happen. Oh and ya.the 8.5% increase in SS we get. Won't even pay the Jack it in your azz heating bills plus. My shop heating bill is 78.00 a month with "ZERO" therm usage.

Delivery charge my azz.

Meter is being pulled next week. I'll just use the torpedo heater when needed.

Hope for a change??? Never going to happen. Past the point of no return.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
No one should be surprised by the state of the economy or anything else for that matter. Fasten your seat belts because it’s only going to get worse and we ain’t ever going back to the United States of the 80s no mind 2016-2020.

Agreed. I feel fortunate having lived the majority of my life during a great period of time in this country ( starting 50’s) that I don’t believe (but wish) will ever be revisited.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You deserve what you tolerate.

88% failed a simple IQ test..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:
Retirement... That's a joke What retirement? Have to get a job just to pay the utilities Been there done that with the kids college. She would like to retire this year... Paid her dues. Doesn't look like it's going to happen. Oh and ya.the 8.5% increase in SS we get. Won't even pay the Jack it in your azz heating bills plus. My shop heating bill is 78.00 a month with "ZERO" therm usage.

Delivery charge my azz.

Meter is being pulled next week. I'll just use the torpedo heater when needed.

Hope for a change??? Never going to happen. Past the point of no return.

Which actually represents a lot of the jobs increase. Retired people are going back to work to have money to pay utilities and food.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 4016 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
All the oil companies had record profits last year. Guess that little detail is not significant lmfao

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12173 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adv ET 266:
All the oil companies had record profits last year. Guess that little detail is not significant lmfao

Nothing wrong with that. The Stock holders and investors make money on it. They would rather get XX amount of profits on 2 Billion in sales over 1 Billion in sales.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"