Find
Notify
Tools

Just curious
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
No Texas, he’s Sunset Performance

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
With many TD racers going to supercharged/procharged combos now, and the fields getting faster and faster, I'm curious about something. Does anybody know what the fastest NATURALLY ASPIRATED TD run is? Just got me thinking about some things and I can't seem to find anything on it. What I'd like to know is what was the et, mph, car setup, etc......

No, not trying to be a record setter myself, just curious as to what it is...

quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
But, that being said, I'd still like to know what the fastest N/A pass has ever been in TD. I know someone out there knows. No power adder at all, just motor alone.

Nobody seems to know! BlahBlah

2BKING Smile

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2552 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Ediot knows

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12288 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 70.5camaro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CURTIS REED:
I just saw that Boo’s car went 6.629 @200 in Houston recently. As noted in another thread on here it’s not a lightweight though.

Nick is a little lighter than myself and I believe it was 1855lbs on the scales at Houston with him in it.

Posts: 15 | Location: SW OK | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Again, as I stated...

quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
I don’t believe his car weighs anywhere near the 1910 lbs. that Tony was told, maybe 1810 lbs. but definitely in the 1800s, mid to low as 99% of these cars running 4.30s no mind 20s, no mind off the chart teens n/a are and many are in the 1700s lb. weight.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
High forties, NO OXGENATED FUELS, car weighs all of 1865 lbs. 632 9 degree combo.

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 70.5camaro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Again, as I stated...

quote:
I don’t believe his car weighs anywhere near the 1910 lbs. that Tony was told, maybe 1810 lbs. but definitely in the 1800s, mid to low as 99% of these cars running 4.30s no mind 20s, no mind off the chart teens n/a are and many are in the 1700s lb. weight.

So I’m a 1%’er in Ed’s book?? I’ll take it Laughing Hard

Posts: 15 | Location: SW OK | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
1%er or not, the facts remain… it’s performance IS impressive and it’s the quickest and fastest n/a 9 degree headed combo that I am aware of but the car it’s in does not weigh 1910 lbs.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
There's a margin of error for any given weight, on any car.

What is that margin of error?

It goes for any weight given from any Truthful individual, on any car.

2,000 lbs - 20 lbs my guess.

There's a bunch of net arguments I'll bet too, over those 20 lbs.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth, weighed a car last week and out of curiosity weighed myself on each scale.

This is an inexpensive system, but there was an 8 lbs swing between the 4 scales.

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I Hate Dragsters:
For what it's worth, weighed a car last week and out of curiosity weighed myself on each scale.

This is an inexpensive system, but there was an 8 lbs swing between the 4 scales.

8 Lbs is a gallon of gas and helmet or firesuit or calibration between the scales.

Even if car is 100 Lbs lighter than someone thinks it is that is maybe .10 of a second and not no half a second. So what if it is 1855 and not 1910 Lbs? Like 55 Lbs is going to make a big difference. Geez. The question was what is fasted NA BBC Top Dragster? The NHRA requires BBC N/A Top Dragster to weigh minimum of 1600 Lbs. As long as it is over NHRA legal minimum who cares what the weight is? Are there many that are close to the 1600 Lbs minimum any way? And why does NHRA even have a minimum on Top Dragster when they have an index?

To go faster you need more Horsepower or lighter weight.

Did the OP ask what is Fastest Top Dragster N/A that weighs 1910 or more? No, just asked what is fastest N/A Top Dragster. I do not know or care who has fastest but it is silly to argue about how much it weighs or what color it is.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Curly1,

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4020 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post