Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Beard:
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
Bruno is correct BTW. Let them race!

Not only were they allowed to race, they were INSTRUCTED to race by the official starter. The drivers chose to not race.

Makes some sense but remember we have short fields. If you are paying attention then you already know PS has a lot less time in the lenses now. Things are way different now. That is the most cars they have had in a while!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4599 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
They should do it more often-- even to those who choose to do the gloves, face shield, goggles, face shield again, tighten seat belts, slap a bug or whatever AFTER their burnout but before pre staging just to kill time while the other guy waits. And do it every time.

Posts: 6247 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Beard:
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
Bruno is correct BTW. Let them race!

Not only were they allowed to race, they were INSTRUCTED to race by the official starter. The drivers chose to not race.

Michael Beard is still ready to give em piece of his mind!!

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
And they got the "OR ELSE"

Posts: 6247 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1176 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Poor excuse ,,They chill to 50 then stage at 70-80 deg. I call bs , they don’t overheat and they don’t leak.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4599 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Laughing Hard

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Bruno wants drama. He got the ultimate drama, he got sent off the island on TV. Great decision by the starter or whoever ordered it.

Posts: 114 | Location: NY | Registered: April 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
They got a lot of TV time for their sponsors , remember leave them wanting more! Haha

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I agree with Luke [last ND article]foolishness that seldom brings the desired result.I have seen idiots do it in time trials wasteing everyones time so they can be seen.If I'm in the water or at the ready line I'm pizzed.Stage first,stage last I don't care just stage for crying out loud!

Doing my part to raise the average IQ on this board

Posts: 51 | Location: badlands of New Mexico | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Yeager
posted Hide Post
Lame... Just stage the car... Waste of everyone's time.

Those guys could have idled until they ran out of fuel. The starter was probably just tired of their BS.

Mark Yeager

Posts: 1384 | Location: Hollister,CA | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
Everybody seems to think the fans love staging duels.

1) There ain't any fans at bracket races, only pissed off drivers sitting in hot cars in line behind the dumbasses

2) Hs anybody actually polled any fans at national events as to how popular "staging duels" are? Because I can see cars idling from the airconditioned comfort of my Suburban while driving around town, and it's free.

Mike

Posts: 1589 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
Or, stated another way, a staging duel is kinda like the light turning green in traffic, but the dumbasses at the head of the line just sit there because they're staring at their phones.

Mike

Posts: 1589 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Some were saying the call came down from the tower to boot them. Not true. Brad said himself he made the call. I for one agree with it

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4191 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
It is his starting line and he runs it. They just have to deal with it.

Brads always been very fair. He paid attention!

Raceless in California!

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Neither driver knew the end game. Johnny (bracket racer) Ezel would of schooled either of them and won the round.

Posts: 321 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SLICKSTER:
Neither driver knew the end game. Johnny (bracket racer) Ezel would of schooled either of them and won the round.

This comment is dead on!

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I absolutely agree with the call. The lunatics do not run the asylum.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
Pro stock can barely get any TV coverage. The only real Pro class there is. No one usually talks about PS and now there are 3 pages of it on here and no telling how much conversation elsewhere. To say that these are 2 nobody's is quite asinine. Eddie Krawiec is the perfect example. He made people hate him just to have people talking about PS motorcycle.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 561 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
They are nobodies and Eddie wasn’t liked when he was the manager at ETown.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post