DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    NOT POLITICAL -- 3.28 MILLION Unemployed
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NOT POLITICAL -- 3.28 MILLION Unemployed
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:
The numbers added to an upbeat mood on Wall Street, with Dow futures most recently pointing to an opening gain of more than 900 points.

That's the biggest smoke and mirrors act there is! Anybody that believes that is a positive sign is delusional. Let the Fed stop printing free money (let's be honest it authorized counterfeiting) for 1 minute and the market will collapse!!! Consider the following:

"Then last week the Fed double reneged when it announced that it would start purchasing $60 billion a month in securities from the open market."

Wall street is completely detached from main street. We no long have a free market. The game is rigged and let there be no doubt, it's a house of cards.

I agree to a point. There of course is a disconnect between Wall Street and Oak Street America. Yes our 401k's are affected which is a significant portion of our wealth. But Wall Street making money has little connection with the amount of people out of work.

The Fed indeed is a manipulator, or a tool depending on how you look at it. However, this manipulation is being used to offset the manipulation of our Country being shut down by Corona....well actually shut down by Democrats. That has been the biggest sham of all. The virus is real. The reaction has been real dumb.

Now Dems have their shorts in a wad because Trump has given up trying to give away more of our tax money that Nancy has had hostage for over a month. There are better uses of our time and focus frankly. And to be honest, I would prefer not giving away our tax dollars at all. So this worked out great. Of course the Dems spin it that Trump has forsaken the country.

Hindsight is 20/20. But civil liberties and the rapid erosion of such has been the biggest loss in all of this. We got one guy fighting for us and all of Congress and much that are employed by the government working against us.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6402 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I think that if the free money was cut off 2 things might happen
1 the unemployment numbers would drop
2 I wouldn't see help wanted/we are hiring signs on every telephone pole
I don't want to hear that BS about "they don't pay enough". You are hungry you will work at something or starve. I know, I remember as a young man I picked oranges from daylight till dark and got $4.00. But I ate that day. I worked my way on up over the years but I can tell you I did a lot of work I hated, but it fed me. You want any work done today you better find a Mexican, they like money

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
I think that if the free money was cut off 2 things might happen
1 the unemployment numbers would drop
2 I wouldn't see help wanted/we are hiring signs on every telephone pole
I don't want to hear that BS about "they don't pay enough". You are hungry you will work at something or starve. I know, I remember as a young man I picked oranges from daylight till dark and got $4.00. But I ate that day. I worked my way on up over the years but I can tell you I did a lot of work I hated, but it fed me. You want any work done today you better find a Mexican, they like money

You just confirmed how the US became a third world country.

"Giant sucking sound" Americans working for third world country wages. When our wages go down to the level of third world nations, we are third world nation ourselves..... Common sense.

^^^^"Giant Sucking Sound" Globalist New World Order

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post