DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Semi Side Swiped my trailer with his mirror
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Semi Side Swiped my trailer with his mirror
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Da Shoe
posted
Anyone here have there trailer side swiped by a Semi? I have 4 to 5 panels on my trailer with larges scratches and dents and im sure this will be a pain and expensive repair.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Da Shoe,

Posts: 610 | Location: Da Swamp!!!! | Registered: October 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Not a semi but a young guy in an older S10 that tried to pass me on the right shoulder of the road. Unfortunately there was a new Chevy Yukon parked on the shoulder so he wedged his S10 between my trailer and the Yukon. The damage to my trailer required Pace Trailers to replace the entire right side paneling. The responding CHP charged him with DUI and assault on me and the Officer, then took him to jail.

His insurance paid for the repairs to my trailer, and they totaled the Yukon.

If I was you I would have the panels replaced.

Bob

Posts: 3088 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Da Shoe
posted Hide Post
Well its a 53 ft trailer extra tall and the back 4 panels are scratched up bad. No screws in the trailer all glued and the overlap, so I assume the entire side would need to be re done.

Posts: 610 | Location: Da Swamp!!!! | Registered: October 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
ATC replaced just one of my rear taped panels without screwing the one up in front of it....

Posts: 1261 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Da Shoe
posted Hide Post
So needless to say im going to have to send this thing back to the manufacturer to be repaired.

DRR Trophy
Picture of 2doggs
posted Hide Post
The local trailer dealer replaced two panels on mine. You couldn't tell that they had ever been replaced.

Why do you ask, 2doggs racing??????

Posts: 43 | Location: Grand Jct., CO | Registered: October 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post