New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bo Butner Pro Mod
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'm to young to remember that. So I'm protesting that remark Mr. DRR!

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Those decals and t shirts were being given out by Bo Butner.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bubbletop409
posted Hide Post
Good job Bo on rubbing nhra's nose in their own stink.

Larry
62 Bel-Air 409
79 Cole TR-2 SunsetRaceCraft 565 RIP TRACY
260 Eliminator Eagle XP HP500EFI
NO MO BOMA
WELL DONE USN SEAL TEAM 6
Proud Deplorable

Posts: 60 | Location: Castro Valley, CA State of Insanity | Registered: August 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I liked seeing all of the Trump stickers on the cars today. Great way of telling the NHRA they overstepped their authority.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4005 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Do you really think Biden and the liberal squad of leftest care about drag racing,they want to eliminate fracking,make all cars electric,also the new green deal,if that happens you can kiss drag racing,or any kind of automobile racing goodbye.

Posts: 1015 | Location: LIVERMORE CA. | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted August 26, 2020 08:02 AM Hide Post
NHRA has been enforcing this for years. I can't tell you who or what it was but it was at Pomona in the late 80's early 90's and a bunch of sportsman racers were reprimanded for the decals they had on cars in somewhat of a campaign / protest.

Maybe someone else remembers what it was?

Bob?
Larry?
Mac?
Mike?
Blodgett

The protest was for the unwarranted firing of Division 7 Tech Director Cloy Fitzgerald. Yep, I was one of the many and yes they were not happy with us.

Next time Scott, please don't include the date, it make me look old. Come to think about it, I remember seeing you in that parade!

Bob

Posts: 3081 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I heard Eric Trump was at t Indy all weekend, any truth to that?

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Mitchell:
I heard Eric Trump was at t Indy all weekend, any truth to that?

https://twitter.com/EricTrump/...373710788268033?s=20

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by THE HAMMER:
Do you really think Biden and the liberal squad of leftest care about drag racing,they want to eliminate fracking,make all cars electric,also the new green deal,if that happens you can kiss drag racing,or any kind of automobile racing goodbye.

No Biden does not care about Drag Racing or even any internal combustion engines except those on HIS limousines and Planes. That is why all racers and people who like to have the freedom to drive should vote Trump.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 4005 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks trans lady, that's pretty good confirmation..I bet old dad would love to be the Grand Marshall at next year's us nationals! Wouldn't that be cool.

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
I liked seeing all of the Trump stickers on the cars today. Great way of telling the NHRA they overstepped their authority.

Honestly it was a pretty loud and clear statement. Wonder if NHRA says uncle or pushes back.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6402 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
actually it wasn't, With around 3% percent of the nearly 900 cars on the property sporting the decal.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
actually it wasn't, With around 3% percent of the nearly 900 cars on the property sporting the decal.

That's a nice answer to a question nobody ask. Fact is the big boys were running them, the one's with stroke with the NHRA.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wrong the TRUTH and the FACTS are most of "the big boys and girls" weren't running them.

Politics have no place in sports.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Politics have no place in sports.

Agreed. But until conservatives get down in the dirt, like the libs, they will continue to lose. Conservatives propensity to "take the high road" has and is a losing proposition.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
That I agree with.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Most of the cars I saw on TV yesterday had the sticker. Good enough for me. It was a noticeable appearance on TV and I hope it sends a message.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Trophy
Picture of TD5023
posted Hide Post
I'm a little confused as to why people think the racers are sending a message to NHRA. Those cars with the decals were simply doing what was outlined in the rules as acceptable. There wasn't exactly anything rebellious about it. I think people are overselling how much NHRA actually cares about the message as long as it's not going to negatively impact them as an organization (i.e. threaten their non-profit status or get them in hot water with the networks).

Posts: 33 | Location: Davenport, IA | Registered: April 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
EXACTLY and the NHRA welcomed and interviewed Eric Trump.