DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Curly1’s new shop
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Curly1’s new shop
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
He does have a nice shop and cool car to.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4001 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
This is our humble shop 20'x 30'something with an additional 19' x 20' car port off the back wall. While it's nothing like Curly's shop, it's what I have. Plenty of racers have come over & would like to have something similar. They're working out of their garage & some out of their trailers. I'm grateful for what I have. Plus, I have a 10' x 20' well house; that's mainly used for spare shelving, parts, rims/tires, quad, scooter & whatever else. It's packed in like the Beverly Hillbillies, like ED's trailer.

Now, I can just have two cars in the shop & no trailers. They all go in the back addition. We are running 220 t the shop & the big compressor will go on the back wall of the car port.

Hopefully sometime in the near future, a lift will be going in. No room for it now with building the B-Car.

The new trailer is getting parked on the North side of the shop, until we figure out if we want to build storage for it.

2BKING Big Grin I'm grateful for what I have.

If you get one of the 4 post lifts they are great to save floor space. You can store two cars one on top and one below. I will be doing that soon, have already wired up shop for it. Will put Corvette up on top and Camaro on bottom. They come with nice pan to protect from any leaks or anything from dropping on car below. I would rarely use the lift for working on cars mostly just to store and save floor space and protecting my cars.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 4001 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post

This guy has a nice shop. I will be doing some of the built in type tool box /work station like on the back wall. That is a ways down the road though.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Got a little more work done between working on racecars.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Very nice, you should be proud of that. You've done well.

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Only down side is getting too old to use all of that shop as it should be. That is why I don't build one like that, LMAO on that last part.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
That is an awesome shop for sure, I can't even imagine.
Seeing this super nice shop and all the other toys and expensive vacations that have been posted makes me realize that I should have made some different decisions back earlier on this trip through life.
Too late for this one maybe on the next one.

Posts: 266 | Location: Irving, Texas | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mopar Traitor:
That is an awesome shop for sure, I can't even imagine.
Seeing this super nice shop and all the other toys and expensive vacations that have been posted makes me realize that I should have made some different decisions back earlier on this trip through life.
Too late for this one maybe on the next one.

You were one of best racers in Country right up until you retired from racing. Division 4 is one of toughest in the Country and you have Won Division and many races. Most of us want to be like YOU! I know I want to be like you when I grow up. Thank you for the kind words though.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Curly tell me that puppy sleeps inside at night? The babys Laughing Hard cold

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
Curly tell me that puppy sleeps inside at night? The babys Laughing Hard cold

He aint cold and he goes most every where with me. I built him his own house in the crawl space under the stairs. He loves it.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I have been working in this shop for a while now and really glad I went with the Epoxy floors. It is durable and looks good. When you drop a hammer or something like that it will chip the surface, also alcohol will kind of dull the finish shine but other than that has worked well.

I did not have them put much of the anti slip sand stuff in the finish. The good thing about that is easy to clean and I rarely ever use a creeper to crawl under car or trailer, just slide on floor. Bad thing about the floors are if there is any water or anything the floor is very slippery.

I bought one of those floor scrubber / zamboni type cleaners and it helps.

Overall if you are looking at what type flooring to use the Epoxy has really worked out well.

For progress on finishing shop I still have a long way to go to be where I want it. I have more or less pulled off and started building a few cars and trailers. Good thing is being able to do it in air conditioning.

Insulation- Closed Cell is the way to go in my opinion. And one other thing I spent the extra money to get a good insulated commercial type 14'? x 14'?roll up door. That was money well spent. typical roll up doors have a large gap at top and are not sealed on the sides. so wind will blow through those making it hard to heat and cool inside. The bad thing about closed cell insulation is it does make building pretty air tight and it takes longer to get fumes and smells out. One other thing closed cell insulation does not quieten outside noises as much as some other types of insulation.

I painted my insulation white so would not have to worry about it turning darker and ugly later.

So that is an update on the shop. Thanks for the kind words.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
What size is the white ford flatbed?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6394 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
What size is the white ford flatbed?

Ford F550, just got 80,000 miles on it. That one belongs to Dan along with the Black Chaparral trailer. He had asked me to get his car dialed in and set up. Then he wanted me to race it as a hired gun. So I put my race operation on hold to get his car sorted out. That has been a challenge for sure.

I was moving my altered, truck and trailer around in the shop to work on his cars. I asked if he wanted me to build my car and he run it in NE3 and he said yes so I put a motor in it and set it up for him.

Now I am building and maintaining two complete operations and help tune and work on 2 other cars for friends.

Get a big shop, it will fill up quickly.

Most of this season has been wasted building cars, trailers, installing air conditioning in them and building / dyno motors. Been crazy but on the bright side both operations should be good for next season. I plan on doing a bunch of testing in the off season.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
yea that right come on here and gripe about your shp getting full,Heck mine is full and only took two harleys and four wheeler to get it that way. LOL

I do not care how big you build a shop filling it up is never a problem.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Curly, before winter I’ll probably deliver a 69 Mach 1 to my nephew in Grapevine then I’ll head South past Dallas to pick up a stocker 396.
How close are you?? Maybe I’ll visit?

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4491 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BP758:
Curly, before winter I’ll probably deliver a 69 Mach 1 to my nephew in Grapevine then I’ll head South past Dallas to pick up a stocker 396.
How close are you?? Maybe I’ll visit?

I am one hour West of Grapevine and you are welcome anytime.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"