DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Curly1’s new shop
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Curly1’s new shop
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
3050+ views on the way to 3100 about just another best engineered white shop with a plastic Fireturd hastily photoshopped inside of it. Big Grin

Posts: 713 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 183N:
3050+ views on the way to 3100 about just another best engineered white shop with a plastic Fireturd hastily photoshopped inside of it. Big Grin

Lol!!!!

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Badass shop Curly! Making many envy! Anyone insulting this place definitely is overwhelmed by envy!

I have to admit, gets tougher every day to watch/read grown aZz men bickering on every thread on the site we all want to call home.

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
My question is.....where is PTC with his daily classless insults and entertainment hour?

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
Badass shop Curly! Making many envy! Anyone insulting this place definitely is overwhelmed by envy!

I have to admit, gets tougher every day to watch/read grown aZz men bickering on every thread on the site we all want to call home.

Curly's shop is the best & it rivals some of the best aircraft hangars I've worked in & seen!

As for your last sentence, there was a time when you were the #1 Player in the Shyt Show. It really hasn't been all that bad lately, it comes & goes. ED & I actually did some self-moderating in a thread after WHOMPWHOMP made a similar statement as yours. Wink

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2540 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 183N:

You know Ed has an attorney on speed dial and lives in a gated community with a guard shack, no shops allowed.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well said.

It is tough when insults and ego rules the daily threads. I love hearing differing opinions on products approaches etc. If we could OPENLY have a discussion without that childish bs would be a welcome day. Unfortunately I think the PTC daily show will be on for some time.

BG

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
quote:

Curly's shop is the best & it rivals some of the best aircraft hangars I've worked in & seen!

Wink

Thanks like most everyone here I worked hard, saved some money and got what I wanted. Very Blessed to be able to pay cash for it all and have the room to do it.

You really do not need a big shop if it is designed right. I have a friend who has a small shop, one wall is pretty much all built in cabinets and tool boxes. Think he used NewAge cabinets. Overhead storage and epoxy floors. His shop is really nice and organized and everyone who has seen it says Wow! He has proven you can work wonders in a small space and I do not think it cost all that much. Super cool man cave and shop, if he does not mind I may post some pictures.
It is going to take me another month or so to finish the build of my shop and then I start on getting it organized. My plans have changed several times due to some items taking a while to get here and what highest priority is at that time.
I will also be spending some time on my cars. Got 2 motors to build and four cars to set up and test to get ready for next season. Bringing two other friends cars over to strip down, clean up and rewire. No rest for the wicked but would not have it any other way. It is the off season and it is going to be a busy one here.

Anyway, Thanks for all the kind words and I will try to post more pictures at a later date.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4001 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Might be able to work out of a small shop, but I promise you not as easy. Will say for broke dyck , paying cash for such shop.Not bad at all. Putting all those toys in there too is pretty cool.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
Might be able to work out of a small shop, but I promise you not as easy. Will say for broke dyck , paying cash for such shop.Not bad at all. Putting all those toys in there too is pretty cool.

Well I have never been impressed by anything little Ed has and knowing what we all know now he is really a joke to be talking about anybody being a Broke Dyck. He probably needs to take some time off and consider his priorities and poor life choices. He sure does not need to be talking about me.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 4001 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Beautiful brother!

BG

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
My Camaro I have had since 1985. She is a dirty girl right now with all construction going on the dust is crazy.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Curly1 love the puppy in the picture of the shop. We have two red males. Best dogs ever and we have had a lot of breeds over the years.

Oh yeah I have a little shop envy. In my part of the world we were denied a permit to build anything over 599 sq ft. So just have the big three car on the house.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 988 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Al Alguire:
Curly1 love the puppy in the picture of the shop. We have two red males. Best dogs ever and we have had a lot of breeds over the years.

Oh yeah I have a little shop envy. In my part of the world we were denied a permit to build anything over 599 sq ft. So just have the big three car on the house.

Thanks, Duke is 18 months old and a handful at times. The first dog I have had in more than 30 years. I am trying to train him to be a good dog. Dobies are smart and demand constant attention. Out here where I live I am able to take him most every where.

As for my shop I moved out to the country to be able to do what I want and have more security. I planned on using two large storage containers in part of my build and did not want any problems from HOA or anything like that. My property is surrounded by 200 acres a friend has so it works for me.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Curiy I have considered getting a storage container, under coat it. put most of it in ground with a car in it for weight. Use it for a tornado safe place.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post

Al, here is Duke.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Dobies defintely require attention but are very trainable. Both of ours are off leash trained and as long as they get sufficent exercise they are pretty good. When they done get enough exercise in they can be a bit mischievous for sure. We have had a few over the years. We got away from them when in the military and since getting out we have gone back and forgot how good they are. We have two males, one American and one European and they are great. But amazed how many folks are afraid of them still. You have a good looking youngster there.

FWIW if you ever have some free time on youtube there is a guy with a channel that is very helpful for "noobies" to Dobies. It is Doberman Planet and full of very good info on the breed.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 988 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:

Al, here is Duke.

Good looking Pup.

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Good friend of mine. He finished last year..

And

I believe it like 80 x 60.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:
Good friend of mine. He finished last year..

And

I believe it like 80 x 60.

Polished concrete. Wise choice and beautiful! Thats super nice!!!

BG