DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    So with the -HRA's in bracket racing anyone seen safety improvements?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So with the -HRA's in bracket racing anyone seen safety improvements?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Nim Rod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
This all a show on both sides of this story.
JJ gets an incredible amount of coverage as does the track. WDRA pulls a move that is basically BS possibly because their track changed sanctions but it gets them coverage and they look like they care.

Win all around? I hope it plays out that way and doesn't ruin what Jeff and Darlington have going

------------------------------------
Not Hot Rod, not Super Rod, not Quick Rod, but the one and only NimRod

Posts: 218 | Location: The Weeds | Registered: August 10, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nim Rod:
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
This all a show on both sides of this story.
JJ gets an incredible amount of coverage as does the track. WDRA pulls a move that is basically BS possibly because their track changed sanctions but it gets them coverage and they look like they care.

What's it going to change? The sanction changes this year and maybe the insurance company will say don't do that again, maybe. Again few know what the real truth of the matter is and all everyone is talking about is the insurance. No facts about if they were even operating on the sanctioning body's insurance or if that even matters since it wasn't a drag race or a sanctioned drag race.

Win all around? I hope it plays out that way and doesn't ruin what Jeff and Darlington have going

Posts: 1471 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I suspect JJ's travelling road show carries it's own insurance.

Posts: 73 | Location: park forest, il | Registered: October 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slantzilla:

Why do you suspect that?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6416 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:

All of the legit circus shows do.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1679 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
quote:

All of the legit circus shows do.

If that is true he just caused his insurance rates to go up.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4043 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I owned and ran tracks for 15 years. NEVER had a booked in show or group of racers have their own coverage. If they did, it would be a mess getting the track corporate names on that policy and making sure the "limits" were correct.
Not saying things haven't changed but I would be leary of someone else providing insurance on my facility.
Jok

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
If track management was as concerned about their insurance as some here are contending tech would be much more thorough then a "wink and a nod".
Back when cars were running 8's with a tee shirt and a 15 year old helmet I don't recall an accident where all of the fancy SFI junk would have saved the driver's life?
I do recall a driver dying in an altered at the Northern Nationals when it turned out some bars were muffler tubing.
IHRA drilled bars for a few events after that.

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
My original post was referring to safety improvements at a track, not insurance.

Posts: 1471 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
What a foolish move. He just jeopardized all the racers. Toss him and crew for a year or so.
I bet Discovery is pleased…

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4524 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post